DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

I posted that up not to compare their stock pull with your dyno, I just wanted to share the paragraph about not getting into the throttle until north of 3700rpms or it will kick down a gear. We all know about dynos, different readings, different areas. Probably the only way you can find out with some certainity about your particular truck is if you had dynoed it bone stock. But who does that?
Personally I dont get worked up about the dyno thing, just enough though LOL.. good for shoptalk, benchracing but I understand its nice to know youre getting your moneys worth... I havent done stuff really worth talking about to mine, but Ive got over 80 slips in between the bit Ive done.. and shaved over a half a second by just learning how to drive it. 1/4 mile dyno bro...dont get all hung about the numbers game. Drive that thing But dont get me wrong..Im hoping to be posting up a dyno plot myself before christmas. Finally figured out what the potential and have gotten familiar with the truck. Ive pulled the trigger on a few things myself.... Diablo what?!!> shame on you man, there is no other!

Last edited by autobred; 12-08-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2010, 05:28 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Yeah i know man the guy that owns the dyno is a real shit talker and sarcasticly runs his mouth about how bolt-ons dont do shit and this that and how diablo is a waste of money. All he says is get a keene bell and be done with it. I like my truck and ill like it even more when i get it to a 1/4 mile. 1/8 mile was great. Like you said track slip is what does the talking haha. Like i said about the guys with the chargers they have been posting like crazy on there forums how diablo tuners didnt do shit so idk i might run my truck with out the tune and see next time i go.

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 12-08-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:42 PM

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
Yeah i know man the guy that owns the dyno is a real shit talker and sarcasticly runs his mouth about how bolt-ons dont do shit and this that and how diablo is a waste of money. All he says is get a keene bell and be done with it. I like my truck and ill like it even more when i get it to a 1/4 mile. 1/8 mile was great. Like you said track slip is what does the talking haha. Like i said about the guys with the chargers they have been posting like crazy on there forums how diablo tuners didnt do shit so idk i might run my truck with out the tune and see next time i go.
Hey bro did you ever get a custom tune done with your present mods?
Are you using the Diablo canned tune? Maybe the stock tune does adapt well to ever changing mods better than the Diablo canned.. but Im hard pressed to believe its gonna be better than a custom tune by a tech staring at the screen while your particular truck is on the dyno. Kenne Bell superchargers are mean, that Ive heard a few times...but I wouldnt wanna do business with a fu*kin a$$hole.. man.. you know just because hes a local distributor/installer. Yeah you guys got it good with the good weather, our track finally shut down. Time to look for an iphone app for a drag tree

Last edited by autobred; 12-08-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:20 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't give that guy any business just out of principal if that's how he is. Not everyone can afford to throw a s/c on their ride and for that matter not everyone wants to.

Quick story...when I lived in Jax, FL and just got started modding my car I was taking for a ride by a local guy who "is the best in town". He was always in the magazines and all that b.s. I did some research and found an awesome tuner but I had to drive 2.5 hours each way to his shop. Awesome dude with tons of knowledge and always willing to help via text, email or a phone call. I ended up driving to his dyno 3 times in 2 years at $400 a tune and now that I live in VA I'm considering going back down there next year after I drop in a forged stroker shortblock. Oh and its now a 13 hour drive for me.

My point is that once you find a good tuner stick with him. You have invested a lot into buying and modding your truck and you don't want to blow it up or have to listen to his crap. And yes I'm talking about the guy I pm'd you about last month.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:45 PM

RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Thanks for that i think i need to invest some time in finding a good "ALL AROUND TUNER".
Yeah im still running the 93 canned tune.

BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 12-10-2010, 12:52 PM

Do you guys think if i added an x-pipe i would see a HP increase?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:20 PM

CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

X pipe for HP or a H pipe for torq.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:52 PM

So if i used an x-pipe would my current torque go down?

Old 12-10-2010, 04:36 PM

no, you would prob gain but h-pipes typically give you more.

there is a lot to read out there on this subject if you Google x-pipe vs h-pipe.

x-pipe - raspy sounding, good hp gain.
h-pipe -not raspy, good tq gain.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:01 PM

so what's the next mod for you gabieldy? You getting headers soon?