DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
CallMeClay is on a distinguished road
Default Where could I buy a replacement fuse box?

So some of you might have seen my post a while back ago when I first got my Ram about the ESP/BAS Light going on and off and the truck not starting (i put the link below just in case). Well I had taken back to the dealership and they "fixed" the problem saying it was some loose connections in the fuse box. But what do you know, a few days later it all starts back up again.

I decide to take a swing at the problem myself. I noticed the fuse box clamp on the the left side had been broken and now the fuse box wobbles. If I go to my truck and it wont start, all I have to do is push down on the box where its loose and it starts right up. If I hit a bump, the ESP/BAS light will come back on and all those troubles I had before start back up. I have taken it apart and made sure everything is secure so it leaves me to believe its either a short in a wire somewhere or the fuse box being broken is not allowing the proper connection.

I put a bungie cable to secure it down tightly and so far so good so thats why Im leaning towards it being the broken clamp. (its pretty ugly under there right now, maybe Ill take a pic later if I feel like embarassing myself lol)

Does anyone know where I can get one? Im sure what term to use when searching online. Im not sure if its the actual fuse box or the tray it sits on.

Any ideas or feedback would be great. Thanks alot!

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....highlight=fuse
Old 12-06-2010, 01:19 PM
erm

that's a dealer only part. You have warranty? I'd invoke it. How long has this been going on???

I think you are on the right track. How the heck did that part get broken anyway? And why the hell wasn't the shop able to figure out this problem???
Old 12-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Take it back to the dealer and let them fix it . Tell them this is attempt #2 at getting it fixed . If you wish to try it yourself , check out our vendor , Mopar Online Parts . Heres their link . They do have some good prices . Cheaper than going to the dealer . http://www.moparonlineparts.com/
Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 View Post
Take it back to the dealer and let them fix it . Tell them this is attempt #2 at getting it fixed . If you wish to try it yourself , check out our vendor , Mopar Online Parts . Heres their link . They do have some good prices . Cheaper than going to the dealer . http://www.moparonlineparts.com/
From what I see its about $230 Im going to call the the dealership and see what they say

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
that's a dealer only part. You have warranty? I'd invoke it. How long has this been going on???

I think you are on the right track. How the heck did that part get broken anyway? And why the hell wasn't the shop able to figure out this problem???
I bought the truck used and the mileage was just over the Manufacturers warrenty but I paid for an extended one so Im not sure if its covered under that.

Technically the problem has been around since I bought it. I went to look at the truck the first time and it wouldnt start so they sent it to a Dodge dealership. They told them it was fixed because it was just a relay problem. When I went to test drive the truck it fired right up and drove fine. I drove it home and all around all day with no problems. The next morning, wouldnt start. I messed with the fuse box and it started up and I drove it to the dealership. Three days later they said it was fixed. Said they took it apart and it was a loose connection. A couple days later, it started acting up again. I looked at the fuse box again and realized that the box was loose and the bracket was broke. Its been a real pain in the ass but I love the truck too much to let it go

Im not sure if it was broken before or if they broke it but if the box is about $230 then I WILL make them fix it. Just wasnt sure if this was a cheap piece to get a hold of or not. I will post a picture later.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

Which dealership as you going to?
Old 12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I bought it used from Parkway Chevrolet all the way up in Tomball....hence the reason I would like to do it myself lol Im not sure what Dodge dealership they take their Dodges to though
Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

To give you guys a better Idea of what Im working with here lmao

Sorry about the bad pics but lighting outside was not all too great and the iphones camera isnt too great either

Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
slfisher70 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Online store

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeClay View Post
From what I see its about $230 Im going to call the the dealership and see what they say

I bought the truck used and the mileage was just over the Manufacturers warrenty but I paid for an extended one so Im not sure if its covered under that.

Technically the problem has been around since I bought it. I went to look at the truck the first time and it wouldnt start so they sent it to a Dodge dealership. They told them it was fixed because it was just a relay problem. When I went to test drive the truck it fired right up and drove fine. I drove it home and all around all day with no problems. The next morning, wouldnt start. I messed with the fuse box and it started up and I drove it to the dealership. Three days later they said it was fixed. Said they took it apart and it was a loose connection. A couple days later, it started acting up again. I looked at the fuse box again and realized that the box was loose and the bracket was broke. Its been a real pain in the ass but I love the truck too much to let it go

Im not sure if it was broken before or if they broke it but if the box is about $230 then I WILL make them fix it. Just wasnt sure if this was a cheap piece to get a hold of or not. I will post a picture later.

I am not sure how you were able to find that item and price, but I have emailed the site itself 4 times and I have searched over and over to find the Fuse panel, power distribution center, or power module and have had no luck. I am guessing it is a case where we have to call or go to the dealer direct to get the part. Your information was very helpful! I just think its an odd part to wear out on a car that is only 7 years old. thanks again.