DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Larame
Color: Red/Tan
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
drivemagnum1 is on a distinguished road
Default Ram Tuff Not!!!!!!

Tell me what's wrong with this.
Brought my 2010 Ram 1500 Larame from (Huntington Dodge)
Passenger mirror damaged on pickup, Interior seats covered in grease (brand new)
9500 miles; steering wheel radio controls broken,
Fuel filler separates from body when filling with fuel,
Here's the best, Transfer case drain bolt/clutch fork pin fell out while driving.
Oil all over bottom of my truck, and on the exhaust system.
A secondary bump in drive train about 1 second after stop, dealer has no answer.
Two weeks later wrong part ordered and truck still at dealer.
Called Dodge HQ, still no reply.

DODGE ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!
RAM TUFF MY BUTT
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

ooooh sorry to hear dude but it sounds like you got a lemon
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 12-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport- Off Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1930
wermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant future

Sounds like the mechanic who checked it into inventory did not do there job, grease on the inside was probably from him
Old 12-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 Sport
Color: Red
Rep:0
Kleeeen is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn I would be pissed to good luck
Old 12-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

paul2112 is on a distinguished road

Are u saying your truck was brand new with 9500 miles on it when you picked it up? Lemon indeed!!! Sorry to hear about your misfortune,,,,,
Old 12-07-2010, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Wow, that really sucks. They at least give you a lender to drive while they work on your Ram?
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough

I feel your pain... My last truck (a GMC Canyon) was riddled with issues. It was my 5th GM truck from the same dealership and by far the worst.

Many of the issues were small, and it got to the point that I got sick of going back to the dealership each time. The dealerships wear you down. Each time I went in they needed the truck for several hours or more. Sometimes they would have it all day and CLAIM to not find the problem... (personally I felt they never even looked at it, but that's only my speculation). Even with a loaner each time I went in it was becoming a massive inconvenience for me and I just didnt have the time to keep up with the nagging warranty issues.

In the end I had to "settle" with problems in my brand new Canyon, because I couldn't budget time to keep going back to the dealership. In the end they probably felt that they won, because I stopped going back with my issues.

When the lease came up 2 years later I walked into the dealership (for the first time in 2 years), dropped off the keys and walked out. I wouldn't give my sales guy (7 GM vehicles from him) a chance because he and his dealership had not supported me with my many problems.

....It was especially easy to walk out after I had test drove a 2010 Ram Sport, but thats another story! lol...

It might be worth stopping in to see your sales guy, to tell him how unhappy you are and that you and your family will not be purchasing another Dodge product without a better customer service on these crazy problems.

Last edited by gregster; 12-07-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:51 PM

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:74
BobzRam will become famous soon enough

Sorry your going through this, but let me shed some light on a few issues. The secondary bump after stopping is probably the gas in your tank sloshing forward and back. I am guessing you have the larger fuel tank. They didnt put baffles in them, its annoying but harmless, surprised the dealer couldnt answer you on this. As far as the fuel tank ring, there was a memo or TSB from Dodge that addresses this. I know because I am waiting on the repair myself. As for the rest, good luck with them. I still love truck even with these small issues.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:06 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT CREW CAB
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
CCeastside is on a distinguished road

drivemagnum1,, couple things i will second here and mine IS NO LEMON i have a 2010 Ram/Sport but once every 1-2 weeks it will do the tranny bump sitting a stop light after i have came to a stop maybe 10-15 seconds later then a small and not hard or heavy , but still like a tap on the back of your truck or bump, and it doesn't really do anything but it's there i've just been keeping track and it has not gotten wrose or more frequent so keep watching i guess, the gas filler neck thing is cheap for what i can see but mine will move also just don't seem right at all... but other than that the Ram of mine is a freaking beautiful beast and i really love this thing mileage now is 11k as of today i drove it off the lot in june with 400 miles on it and oil changed every 3k with tire rotation which is a must with the stock 20's that are on this

Last edited by CCeastside; 12-08-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT CREW CAB
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
CCeastside is on a distinguished road

excellent , glad to hear that the "tranny bump" which i thought i had going just may be the tank i do have the 32gallon tank so this is probably it... i'll check my guy on the filler neck fix also thanks BobzRam