DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default My 2010 has UConnect issues :/

Hello all this is my first post on these forums. I bought a 2010 SLT Lonestar ram 1500 on Thursday. My truck is awesome and I love being a part of Dodge now. However, when I left the dealership and made it home to play with all my features...I came to find out that my UConnect doesn't download the phone book from my iPhone 4. It's really upsetting I bought a new truck with one of the most Popular phones on the market aren't compatible. I called both apple and dodge and they blame each other. Just wanted to know if there is any way possible that this feature will fully work? It connects and all that jazz but when I got to say "call name" it says no number found and hangs up! Also, would anyone know when the compatibility will work?

Other than that loving the truck 100% came from a Titan and it seems to be worth every penny of it

Thanks for all the input and advice!! I'll be posting pics in the future!
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Aries is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if the Uconnect is supposed to read the numbers on our phones. I know mine didn't
I had to enter the numbers manually.
Now when I say call so and so. it does.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:36 PM

Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

You have an iPhone 4? It's suppose to sync the phone book to the system. Once it's paired you see the phone book w a green arrow going downward indicating it's downloading then after it has a check mark. That is a lot of entering in if you have to do it yourself..
Old 12-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Welcome to the Z. The folks that manufacture the Uconnect have listed the iPhones as one of the problem phones. You should be able to make and receive calls, but you'll have to enter the people you want to call manually/verbally. I have the same problem with my Samsung Alias 2.

We have a lot of forums for all kinds of topics, so you shouldn't have any problems finding a place to post questions.

We LOVE pics of Rams.

Here's how to post them: http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-13-2010, 09:42 PM

I have the iphone 3gs. and before that I had a Motorola Razor. neither of them d/l'd my phonebook. I was just reading on the Uconnect site....
The UConnect® address book enables you to store up to 32 names and four numbers per name.

I have way more than 32 names on mine. I only added a few that I call regularly, Manually.
Now I'm currious. When I changed phones I had to redo the setup. I figured the Uconnect kept the numbers I had previously stored in the phonebook.
I'm going to go out and check to see if all my numbers are in the p/book
Old 12-13-2010, 09:52 PM

I just went out and checked. I have all my numbers (50) in both the cell and Uconnect.
So the Iphone 3GS must be compatible cause I didn't add all the numbers that are on there manually.
BTW did I tell you its freezing out and snowing?? hahaha
I warmed the truck up at the same time.

Last edited by Aries; 12-13-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:01 PM

Nice, well I got rid of the 3GS for the 4 and now I gues it wasn't the best decision...does anyone know any kind of news on when it will be compatible with the 4? I guess for the mean time ill just have to manually add those numbers until it is fixed.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 PM

Just a little tip. when your manually adding the numbers to the Uconnect. don't hesitate when saying the numbers. the fraction of a second you stop it thinks your finished saying the number and adds the incomplete number into memory.
We have two local area code making it a 10 digit number and I hesitated between the area codes and that's all that was recorded.
Say the 10 or 7 digit's non stop.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryken89 View Post
Nice, well I got rid of the 3GS for the 4 and now I gues it wasn't the best decision...does anyone know any kind of news on when it will be compatible with the 4? I guess for the mean time ill just have to manually add those numbers until it is fixed.
Check out the iPhone and iPhone link and the Compatibility list link on this page.

https://www.dodge.com/hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 PM

Thanks for the heads up, doesn't seem to have anything on dates when this is planning on being fixed...

Don't get me wrong, it's all good its going to be fixed but when...when iPhone 5 comes out...? Just frustrating having new stuff with no news about when issues will be fixed..

Last edited by Quiet Lunatic; 12-13-2010 at 10:49 PM.