DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4X4 Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:2453
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
I'm not sure if the Uconnect is supposed to read the numbers on our phones. I know mine didn't
I had to enter the numbers manually.
Now when I say call so and so. it does.
^^^^ Same here, I have a Samsung A900 (Older Phone) and I have to manually add numbers. It does not download from my phone.
BT CC / Hood Kit, LED Tails, Recon 3rd Brake & Xtreme LightBar, Black Aluminum Side Steps, Leer 700, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, MOPAR Valve Caps, Lighted RAM hitch cover, Front Tow Hooks and Bed Post Hide-a-Hooks, Tints (20% frt, 35% rear and slider), Painted Engine Cover/Brake Calipers, K&N Drop in,OEM Fender Flares/ bug deflector, FM 40, SC Cortex, Oracle H11 LED Heads, 4000k Putco Fogs, LED Interior Lights, Honeycomb Grill, Bilstien 5100's.
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Ram Hemi Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
geoexchange is on a distinguished road

I'm using mine with a droid x. It does the download, but is pretty much useless for dialing. It is easier to use the voice command on the phone and let the truck do the dialing from there. Also, it will take a long time to download my phonebook, making the UConnect pretty much useless while it downloads.

This seems to get better over time, but the whole UConnect, with the exception of the actual bluetooth hands-free, seems fairly useless. Why would I push a button (in the center of the dash) to tell it to move up one radio station when I can use the steering wheel mounted control. My 09 Silverado had a button for voice on the steering wheel, which made a lot more sense (but I won't trade back for that POS Chevy!)

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, and the UConnect was something I demanded from my dealer when I ordered the truck. Bluetooth hands free should be a requirement, but the UConnect is trying too hard to be something it is not.....

Am I not seeing all the features of the UConnect? Is there more I should know?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:353
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

IMHO the UConnect system is the biggest POS they ever made. And the support from the UConnect 800 number is almost nill. Some people have had good luck with it but you read more and more posts where people have trouble with it. It's a waste of money!!!!!! It's almost eaiser to stop at a pay phone and make a call.
Rant Off!
Jay
Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoexchange View Post
I'm using mine with a droid x. It does the download, but is pretty much useless for dialing. It is easier to use the voice command on the phone and let the truck do the dialing from there. Also, it will take a long time to download my phonebook, making the UConnect pretty much useless while it downloads.

This seems to get better over time, but the whole UConnect, with the exception of the actual bluetooth hands-free, seems fairly useless. Why would I push a button (in the center of the dash) to tell it to move up one radio station when I can use the steering wheel mounted control. My 09 Silverado had a button for voice on the steering wheel, which made a lot more sense (but I won't trade back for that POS Chevy!)

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, and the UConnect was something I demanded from my dealer when I ordered the truck. Bluetooth hands free should be a requirement, but the UConnect is trying too hard to be something it is not.....

Am I not seeing all the features of the UConnect? Is there more I should know?
my one complaint with the uconnect is the waiting to use the phone book while it re-downloads the phone book every single time.

once the phone book is in there its been good for me about 90% of the time.

Which uconnect radio do you have?

You have the button on the wheel to save having to reach to the center of the dash IMO, not the other way around.The newer chrysler vehicles with the new steering wheel have the uconnect button on the wheel.

My 3 blackberries have all worked flawlessly with the uconnect...8310, 9700 and 9800 And I got the 9700 and the 9800 within a month of them being released, and they always worked from the get go. leaves me to think its something with apple...

Wanting a new Ram...
Old 12-22-2010, 01:06 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

I have to agree the Uconnect is not the best bluetooth system I've ever seen.

But, given the sheer volume of phones on the market and the ever changing technology of those phones, credit has to be given to the people that make any bluetooth system that functions at any kind of decent level.

The nice thing about the built in system is when they do come up firmware updates to it, they can be downloaded to it. May have to had the dealer do it or it may be able to be done via the USB port, I don't know.

I'm hoping they come out with an update in Jan-Feb.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 3500
Color: White
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
tuna26g is on a distinguished road

Mine downloaded my Blackberry without any problems. It does take awhile though.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that there should be a update from either or both Apple & Uconnect in January or February, you may see it first here
http://mofv.com/mygig/Body.htm
if you go to some of the Apple sites or Jk jeep sites by typing Uconnect IPOD4 issues you can tell what is being done currently

I use the voice commands for changing radio stations, phone dialing, & i am going to start using the voice with the NAVIGATION, i never read the OWNERS MANUAL on the MYGIG that was in the center console when i bought it, my bad
i have had the Ram for 18 months & i am still finding what it can do, my eyes glassed over trying to read all the thick booklets that came with the Ram, or should have come with the new purchase, its available for free, just call or email Chrysler for it
[IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crewcab 1500
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Email: Chili1k@att.net
Rep:1092
Chili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud of

I wish there was a bluetooth off feature on the radio itself without hanging up the call. You never know who is going to call when you have someone in the vehicle who doesnt need to hear personal things in your life (college classmate needing a ride). Mine which is setup as automatic connect, will grab your call even after manually switching it off 2-3 times.. thats crazy..

I might just disconnect it all together and just stick with the bluetooth headsets.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili1K View Post
I wish there was a bluetooth off feature on the radio itself without hanging up the call. You never know who is going to call when you have someone in the vehicle who doesnt need to hear personal things in your life (college classmate needing a ride). Mine which is setup as automatic connect, will grab your call even after manually switching it off 2-3 times.. thats crazy..

I might just disconnect it all together and just stick with the bluetooth headsets.
There is a process to transfer the call to the handset. Mine is not set up to auto-answer. I have to press the Uconnect button or "accept" button to accept the call. It shows me either the number or name of who's calling. My phone also has a button that controls the bluetooth so I can just press it.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-22-2010, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
sottis is on a distinguished road

I have a iphone 3g and mine downloaded my phonebook just fine. no problems.