DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
im not really a fan of the pocket style flares it seems way tooo many ppl have them
The pocket style flares are popular because the provide the widest coverage to prevent road debris from getting on your truck.
Sponsored links
Old 02-07-2011, 01:50 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crrcoal View Post
ELD44! Your truck looks awesome! Any other mods planned?

Thanks!

To answer your original question, they are 20inch procomp wrapped with some Hankook 305/55/20s.

I bought the truck November 18th and already have a long list of mods, with an even longer wish list. I am waiting on one more big piece and then I will do a proper unvieling.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541
Old 02-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: outdoorsman
Color: deep water blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mrroader14 is on a distinguished road

I like flares cause look decent and bring body protection out farther especially with wider tires, I think bubushwhacker pocket style are wider than most. But oem poly urethane are more durable than the abs aftermarket ones in my opinion. And oem ones have become comparable in price the last couple years. Those are all great looking trucks.!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:54 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport
Color: Black
sinistersix is on a distinguished road

Where is the best place to buy them ?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Slicker View Post
The pocket style flares are popular because the provide the widest coverage to prevent road debris from getting on your truck.
yea i know that but i like the ones that dont have the pockets and you can get them pretty wide aswell...and i say that everyone has them because where im living there are wayyyyyyy more trucks than any other kinda vehicle and i would say that 1 out of prolly 5 are lifted with these flares so if you think about it thats a hell of alot of trucks with em lol
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 02-10-2011, 06:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: wanna-be
nyrichard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.D. 44 View Post

Here's a pic of mine after I got the flares installed...
Dude, that looks stipid sick! Awesome looking truck. Did you install the flares or have them installed?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 AM

E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistersix View Post
Where is the best place to buy them ?
I got mine thru http://www.autoanything.com. They will price match AND have a one year price gaurantee on any item they sell. I don't see the price of the flares going down but if it' not a mopar piece I generally order from them. I have been happy so far...

Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrichard View Post
Dude, that looks stipid sick! Awesome looking truck. Did you install the flares or have them installed?
Thank you!

I had them installed. My dealership is awesome! The service dept is full of gear heads that love watching me mod out my truck. So much so they give me half off labor costs since I am doing so much, and they will look the other way on the performance mods I have planned and still honor the lifetime warranty I bought. Last time I was there I had them change the oil to full synthetic and they didn't charge me a dime for it. Every time I roll in there, even just to say hi the guys from the back come out to see what I brought them this time. lol

On the flip side, they are really easy to install. They bolt up to the truck thru screws in the inner wheel well. The hardest part is running the plastic strip that runs between the flare and the body of the truck. I would imagine it would take someone about an hour and a half to install all four flares, maybe more if they were real meticulous...

Old 02-11-2011, 03:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: wanna-be
nyrichard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.D. 44 View Post
Thank you!

I had them installed. My dealership is awesome! The service dept is full of gear heads that love watching me mod out my truck. So much so they give me half off labor costs since I am doing so much, and they will look the other way on the performance mods I have planned and still honor the lifetime warranty I bought. Last time I was there I had them change the oil to full synthetic and they didn't charge me a dime for it. Every time I roll in there, even just to say hi the guys from the back come out to see what I brought them this time. lol

On the flip side, they are really easy to install. They bolt up to the truck thru screws in the inner wheel well. The hardest part is running the plastic strip that runs between the flare and the body of the truck. I would imagine it would take someone about an hour and a half to install all four flares, maybe more if they were real meticulous...
Way cool. where did you get them?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrichard View Post
Way cool. where did you get them?
I ordered them from http://www.autoanything.com. They will price match for a year after you buy it so it seemed like the best deal. Good customer service and quick shipping too. I had them painted by the body shop at my dealership. When it comes to body work and paint I want something from the factory or the next best thing. It was a little more, but to me it was worth it...