DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
tinbird is on a distinguished road
Default iPhone 4 and uConnect not playing nice

o.k. lovin' my 2007 Ram 1500 5.7 auto 4x4, Laramie package, but tried several times to pair up my 1 1/2 month old iPhone 4 32gb with no luck.
It seems, from searching the 'net, this is a common issue, anyone find the leprechaun with the magic chant and willing to share the info?
I live in Canada, in the event that the U.S. models are different.
Best of the Holiday Season to everyone, and bless ALL the troops who are fighting so we can enjoy what we so easily take for granted!!!

TB
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 09 Ram
Trim Level: TRX
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
donn12 is on a distinguished road

I paired mine with a 2009 no problem. Has the iphone been updated to the latest software in itunes?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

check out the latest update for your phone, Chrysler reads that some problems still occur using Uconnect, a jeep forum seems to be working on it harder than Uconnect or the Apple people, its the JK site,
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...41562a61b59af3

on some Apple products, a temporary fix was to reduce your phones address book to 12 or less & it worked for some people

another solution was to buy a FM integration harness

here is a list put out by Dodge
http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/pdf/d..._document2.pdf

Ipod is at the very bottom of the list

i don't know the answer, just putting some things out that i read
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
tinbird is on a distinguished road

thanx for responding guys, my iPhone is up to date. in comparing the provided list, because iPod and not iPhone is specified, I'm thinking there is still a step I'm not doing, that or there's an issue being worked on. I tried calling the number, but was put on hold and had to get back to work.
as they say, "the plot thickens...."

TB
Old 12-17-2010, 01:31 AM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

hope u get it worked out bud i have the 3gs and i was going to get the 4 but i didnt because of the stories that iv herd so im just gonna wait till all the kinks are worked out
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 12-17-2010, 07:07 AM

Vehicle: 09 Ram
Trim Level: TRX
Color: Black
Rep:15
donn12 is on a distinguished road

I have the iphone 4 and I have a ton of contacts in the phone but all I did was pair the phone. I just followed the voice commands that the truck gave me. Can you see Uconnect listed before you click on it to pair? Do you get to the part where you put the 4 digit code in the phone? (settings, general, bluetooth)?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno on Slate
Rep:44
hpc3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hpc3
Default Mine works(sometimes)... think this is more of a UConnect issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn12 View Post
I have the iphone 4 and I have a ton of contacts in the phone but all I did was pair the phone. I just followed the voice commands that the truck gave me. Can you see Uconnect listed before you click on it to pair? Do you get to the part where you put the 4 digit code in the phone? (settings, general, bluetooth)?
The truck is finicky with the Bluetooth in general, I had little glitches with my Blackberry Bold9000 as well. One thing I learned is you have to let the NAB load before you can try to make a call... that takes a few min on mine every time I pair/drive somewhere due to the 300 or so contacts I have. No way to turn this off on UConnect that I've found. The iPhone4 works well when it wants to, which is about every other time in my 8mos of owning my truck. I really wish Dodge would update the MyGig/UConnect to put a decent stack on it.

For comparisons - the wife's Nissan Maxima works great with the Bold and iPhone4, not a single issue... I rarely take the phone out of my pocket in her car its so dependable. Not so in the truck, constantly having to dial/re-dial/hang-up etc... Dodge could learn a thing or two in this space.