DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-20-2010, 03:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST Crew Cab
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
Chinchilla is on a distinguished road
Default ST upgrade to turn signal mirrors?

I'm curious as to whether my regular heated power mirrors can be switched out to turn signal/puddle light mirrors instead without any electrical mods. Please let me know. Found a killer deal on chrome turn signal mirrors with puddle lamps...
Old 12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:147
SnowChief will become famous soon enoughSnowChief will become famous soon enough

I believe they can, so long as your existing mirrors have power and heat. Ask Mopar to send you the intructions of the desired mirrors via PDF/fax. They may do this for you and if you get them, the instructions may even indicate what trucks will and will not work. You could also "google" for the instructions - you may run across them. I have the mirrors you are looking for and will see if I still have the instructions. If I recall, all the wiring for the turn signal and parking light was there. I will send the instructions to you if I can find them.

Regards,

SB
Old 12-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowChief View Post
I believe they can, so long as your existing mirrors have power and heat. Ask Mopar to send you the intructions of the desired mirrors via PDF/fax. They may do this for you and if you get them, the instructions may even indicate what trucks will and will not work. You could also "google" for the instructions - you may run across them. I have the mirrors you are looking for and will see if I still have the instructions. If I recall, all the wiring for the turn signal and parking light was there. I will send the instructions to you if I can find them.

Regards,

SB
Thanks Chief! I requested the instructions, but no reply yet, they were quick to get me my build sheet though. Found a pair of those premium turn signal heated puddle lights with chrome mirrors for $200!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Seems to me if you pull the interior panel on the door where the mirror mounts you should be able to see connectors there for the turn signals. If they are not there, I doubt you'd be able to do it because your computer may not be able to be programmed to make use of them.

In fact, I'd call the dealer and ask them if they can be installed at all since your truck did not come with them. Lot of times options cannot be installed and programmed into the truck by the dealer.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: TRX 4x4 reg cab
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Squeak1964 is on a distinguished road

Where did you find those mirrors for that price?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
jj ram is on a distinguished road

Yes, please let me know as well, I am looking for the flip up tow mirrors. Does this style flip like the older mirrors for towing?
Old 12-23-2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak1964 View Post
Where did you find those mirrors for that price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj ram View Post
Yes, please let me know as well, I am looking for the flip up tow mirrors. Does this style flip like the older mirrors for towing?
it is a craigslist deal where the owner received the truck ordered custom, but the dealer sent it with the wrong mirrors. After the tradeout they set them in the cab for him to take home... But, ebay has a partsdirect or directparts e-store that has them for around 226 bucks shipped! not sure if they flip up though, sorry...
Old 12-28-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
Seems to me if you pull the interior panel on the door where the mirror mounts you should be able to see connectors there for the turn signals. If they are not there, I doubt you'd be able to do it because your computer may not be able to be programmed to make use of them.

In fact, I'd call the dealer and ask them if they can be installed at all since your truck did not come with them. Lot of times options cannot be installed and programmed into the truck by the dealer.
I called and nobody at the dealership could answer my question. Anyone with this type/option have a pic of the door internals or side-view mirror connections by chance?