DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-20-2010, 02:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 08 lonestar hemi ram qc
Trim Level: slt
Color: white/gold
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:13
liljohn30 is on a distinguished road
Default quad cab break'n up

Kinda need some help from forum member,esp.ram tech..I have sa 08 qc hemi ram.I have a volant intake,flowmaster cat back predator tuner and 180 stat,I just drove from nj to atlanta and she was breaking up on the highway,between !.5 and 2k..kinda run good then burble then kick back in gear.up could def feel it..I was at about 70 mph once the truck kicked back in it run good..There are no faults ,i looked with the predator and engine light etc didn't light up..Maybe a coil pack for what my brother in law said,hes bmw mechanic and says the hemis are notorious for that..I need help..lolI tried the other tunes in the predator and no help really,and i did even encounter a few times after load'n a tune the truck didn't want to go any where when starting off,i had to drop the hammer for it to move,though reding the tune fixed that prob..I hope it isn't trans issue but maybe simple...any help please
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2010, 02:35 AM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn30 View Post
Kinda need some help from forum member,esp.ram tech..I have sa 08 qc hemi ram.I have a volant intake,flowmaster cat back predator tuner and 180 stat,I just drove from nj to atlanta and she was breaking up on the highway,between !.5 and 2k..kinda run good then burble then kick back in gear.up could def feel it..I was at about 70 mph once the truck kicked back in it run good..There are no faults ,i looked with the predator and engine light etc didn't light up..Maybe a coil pack for what my brother in law said,hes bmw mechanic and says the hemis are notorious for that..I need help..lolI tried the other tunes in the predator and no help really,and i did even encounter a few times after load'n a tune the truck didn't want to go any where when starting off,i had to drop the hammer for it to move,though reding the tune fixed that prob..I hope it isn't trans issue but maybe simple...any help please
not saying its your problem but id start by returning the truck to the stock program and go for a ride....got to start somewhere......im sure ram tech will chime in too.....by the way...i didnt realize hemi's were notorious for any problems......BMW is the king of recalls though.....lol

G/L
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Old 12-20-2010, 02:38 AM

lol thats what he said,i know platinum plaugs are a no no but never heard other wise..i can do the stock program thing tomorrow..and maybe even get the ecu re flashed ,i tend to think its the program also,just didn't want to load it in transit and then figured to ask here before i did..thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 02:40 AM

i'll do the ecu back to stock,cant do the other things until i get home for the factroy intake..exhaust i cant do and thermo either i would have to buy one.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I'm with Sprintertech on this one. A bad coil should set a misfire or coil ionization code. Coil failure isn't common unless platinum plugs are used. I'm not saying it can't be a coil but at this point it seems unlikely. How many miles are on the plugs in it now? A problem with fuel pressure or volume could also be a problem as could the crank position sensor and neither would necessarily set a code. Give the stock tune a try and see what happens.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:25 PM

i changed the plugs in July..brand new factory plugs and gape d them per specs,this just started happening so i think its tune,at one time the truck wouldn't got anywhere from the start ,i had to really apply the throttle
Old 12-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Crew Cab 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
Blown Income is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn30 View Post
i changed the plugs in July..brand new factory plugs and gape d them per specs,this just started happening so i think its tune,at one time the truck wouldn't got anywhere from the start ,i had to really apply the throttle

Ihad a similar problem about a month ago with my 07'not wanting to move without heavy throttle with no codes being thrown. Took it to the dealer and they installed a new shift seleniod and havent had the problem since. Not saying this is your problem but might be a possibility.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:34 PM

thanks for the input,seems like the truck doent know what gear it wants to be in
Old 12-24-2010, 06:35 PM

so far what i did was reboot the computer back to stock,via the predator,disconnected the computer and started the truck.When i start of and give the truck the gas she goes nowhere i have to throttle it up like your riding the clutch and she starts to go once moving it seems ok
Old 12-24-2010, 06:59 PM
erm

Well, it's definitely not the Predator tune causing the problems.

No codes showing either? Then, given the symptoms you are describing, I'd be concerned about a mechanical failure somewhere in the transmission.