DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Rep:10
TSPENCER11 is on a distinguished road
Default Muffler Question

Hey everyone just joined the site today and just thought I'd say hello. I just purchased my first brand new vehicle on Friday. Got the 2011 Ram QC 4x4 blue in color with the sport package. 450kms on it so far and still at half a tank gotta love it. Traded in a 2003 ram reg cab Larime 4x4 with the 5.9L gas lets say I don't regret it!

Just wondering on what the best muffler set up would be to get some rumble out of it?

I'll get some pic's up of the new ride soon.
Thanks,
Tyson
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Reg Cab S/B 4X4
Trim Level: Sport/SLT
Color: Black Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:199
Blackzilla has a spectacular aura aboutBlackzilla has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to Blackzilla

welcome to the Z........ http://www.mufflex-performance.com/
Mods....Mopar CAI,Mufflex 14'' Retro,Mufflex 5'' Blk Tips,3M C/F Stripes,Blk Shortie Antenna,Low Profile Tonneau,20% Tint,De-Badge,5% Tint Front Stripe,In-Channel AVS,LED Rear Light Bar,Blk Interior Dash Kit, SilverStars High/Low/Fogs,Blk Chrome Shadow Badges,BT Blk Raptor Shifter Knob,Blk Dash Mat
Old 12-20-2010, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:83
cosbourn will become famous soon enough

what type of rumble are you looking for? loud and raspy? low and beefy? etc? etc? haha. youtube would be a great utility in searching for what sounds good to you.
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar w/ IPF 968CSG lights, Husky Mud Flaps, Bedlined GoRhino Dominator II steps, Bedlined Fuel Door, RBP Pedal-Covers, Clarion CZ300, Composite BFI (#71) w/ 8" Tall Amsoil Filter + K&N Drycharger Prefilter, AirRam Scoop, Flex-a-Lite 183, dumped Aeroturbine 3030XL
Old 12-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Rep:10
TSPENCER11 is on a distinguished road

looking for loud and raspy. The 2 other trucks around have a magnaflow and flow master. Just looking for something different and a lil louder. Best I found on youtube was a cherry bomb and that's what I had on my previous truck and like the sound so maybe that's an option. Just wondering if things would cause warranty issues and if it effects the MDS etc...
loved this sound but don't wanna do mods

cherry bomb
Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Rep:83
cosbourn will become famous soon enough

cherry bomb, moroso spiralflow, or glasspacks sound the way you should go then. I would keep perusing youtube for the sound you like, if the cherrybomb is what you like then pull the trigger. i would suggest an aeroturbine 3030, it may be just what your looking for

as for warranty some other members will need to chime in on what's up with that, I have never owned a warrantied vehicle! haha. however your MDS will make your exhaust drone much more with an aftermarket muffler, but you can keep your resonators on to keep drone down.
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar w/ IPF 968CSG lights, Husky Mud Flaps, Bedlined GoRhino Dominator II steps, Bedlined Fuel Door, RBP Pedal-Covers, Clarion CZ300, Composite BFI (#71) w/ 8" Tall Amsoil Filter + K&N Drycharger Prefilter, AirRam Scoop, Flex-a-Lite 183, dumped Aeroturbine 3030XL

Last edited by cosbourn; 12-20-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:49 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Go with the Mufflex system. It is a cheap exhaust system made for the new dual exhaust Rams. I am planning on getting one for my truck. You can also choose from 3 different loudness levels. They sound really good! They also have a "straight pipe" style exhaust system as well. They are like $260 for the exhaust, great deal!
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 12-25-2010, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport (HEMI)
Trim Level: Sport (HEMI)
Color: White
Rep:60
Bighert3rd will become famous soon enough

I have a 2 chamber Flowmaster and the resignators removed and to me it's a very good sound, not extremely loud but loud enough to hear me coming. If you want loud and raspy I would just remove the mufflers and resignators and call it good.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:05 AM
erm

I'd say the Cherry Bomb Extreme is the loudest and raspiest of them all.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: White
Rep:46
diaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSPENCER11 View Post
Hey everyone just joined the site today and just thought I'd say hello. I just purchased my first brand new vehicle on Friday. Got the 2011 Ram QC 4x4 blue in color with the sport package. 450kms on it so far and still at half a tank gotta love it. Traded in a 2003 ram reg cab Larime 4x4 with the 5.9L gas lets say I don't regret it!

Just wondering on what the best muffler set up would be to get some rumble out of it?

I'll get some pic's up of the new ride soon.
Thanks,
Tyson
I got the 18" magnaflow one into two. I have the bighorn duel exit exhaust. LOve the sound, more adult sounding than the 2chaber 3 chamber exhausts out there. I have the hemi and it gives off a nice idle rumble. At speed i notice it but absolutely no drone at all. from outside it sounds terrific. Installed it was about 280. about the best bang for buck out there i guess, although polished stainless nerf bars for 280 was pretty good!!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Find em hot leave em wet

Vehicle: 12 RAM 1500 qc 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: express
Color: bright silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:204
moparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura about

welcome to the Z sounds like ya got a nice ride there. My personal preference is always thrush welder mufflers. Always sound great had one on my 4.7 Dak good friend has one on his 360 quiet rumble at ideal nice sound through out not to loud unless your going full throttle. Their cheap easy and are basically tin cans.