DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:371
BigSwede is just really niceBigSwede is just really niceBigSwede is just really niceBigSwede is just really nice
Default Leather seats worth it?

I've been breaking my neck trying to find a truck with leather seats. All the whiz bang that comes with it (heated seats/wheel, power adjustability) makes me want them, but I haven't figured out if they are really worth it. I've read mixed reviews on their comfort compared to the cloth seats. The cloth seats look good IMHO. Just wondering what those of you that have either think.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank
Old 12-27-2010, 09:30 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

I had the leather on my 09. Couldn't ride more than an hour without having to stop and give my butt a break. Others like them.

When I got my 10, I didn't get them. Only draw back for me was losing the dual zone climate control.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 PM

BigSwede is just really niceBigSwede is just really niceBigSwede is just really niceBigSwede is just really nice

I hear ya Rootbear. I think I remember seeing your dislike of the seats somewhere in here. Here's what's tied to the leather on the '11s

115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Low-Back Bucket Seats
Power 10-Way Driver / 6-Way Passenger Seats
Power Lumbar Adjust
Rear 60 / 40 Split-Folding Seat
Ventilated Front Seats

Out of all of that, I'd really like to have the power outlet. I hope that I can add that once I have the truck.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:12 PM

RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Go to http://www.ramtrucks.com and play with the Build My Own link at the top. Some options only available in a package may be available alone in different models like Sport vs BigHorn vs Laramie etc.

Almost forgot, make sure you get at least 3.92 gears. Use the Body Builders guide to configure the truck for what you need it for.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-27-2010, 10:28 PM

Yep, I've got everything in the truck I want but that outlet that could come in handy on trips (wife or daughters laptop games) or for work when I have the truck set up with equipment.

Any ideas if this is something I can get the parts and add to the truck myself?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 PM

I've got the Big Horn with the cloth bucket seats and it has the outlet. I don't think it can be added later because if a truck doesn't come with a computer controlled option like that, the dealer can rarely add it.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x2
Trim Level: Crew Cab Outdoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:38
MrPEZO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Yep, I've got everything in the truck I want but that outlet that could come in handy on trips (wife or daughters laptop games) or for work when I have the truck set up with equipment.

Any ideas if this is something I can get the parts and add to the truck myself?
Just buy the oulet that goes in your 12volt outlet. You would need the inverter installed to if you were trying to add it to a 2007, its much easier to grab something after market.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPEZO View Post
Just buy the oulet that goes in your 12volt outlet. You would need the inverter installed to if you were trying to add it to a 2007, its much easier to grab something after market.
I'm inquiring about adding it to a 2011 sport. Not my 07.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:57 PM

According to the site, the stock seats are the buckets and they come with the outlet.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
According to the site, the stock seats are the buckets and they come with the outlet.
Weird. On the options list when I built the truck, the only way it would show an outlet was with leather seats. I'll know for sure when I go see the black beauty tomorrow