DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeen View Post
I am sensing a whole lot of bias on your part which is fine as you drive the Dodge. I did notice a mistake in your post as the 2012 Boss IS NOT S/C'ed but a N/A motor. As far as the refined part again that is subjective and since you drive a Dodge well that's expected.

I rank the cars in question (minus the BMW) this way,

1) 2011 GT500
2) 2012 Boss Lse
3) 2011 Mustang 5.0
4) 2012 Dodge SRT-8
5) 2011 Camaro SS

As far as magazine write ups etc the Mustang GT handily wins the comparison tests ie braking, lateral g's etc etc. My question to a SRT-8 owner would be this. If the SRT-8 is far more refined etc why are the Challengers trailing so far behind the Camaro and Mustang GT's of the world in regards to sales numbers? I will say that it's a great time to pick up a modern muscle car in terms of $$$$$ to performance. The last time this situation presented itself we were a whole lot younger or not even born for some ie 1964-70. Oh nice on the Mustake thing as that shows/tells me a little bit about your personality and I will take the high road on this topic.
I am a little confused. In all of your studies you didn't research the production numbers of the Challenger vs the Mustang or Camaro? Why come to a Dodge website and bash our cars? What is to gain? To have an open and gentlemanly debate is one thing, but to openly say you have bought a phord to take on the Challengers of the world is beligerant, no? As a TWICE phord owner that was purchased back under lemon law, regardless of what phord vehicle it is, I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER PHORD AGAIN. But I don't bash them on their website. I think they are pieces of garbage that have electrical issues, THAT IS PROVEN TRUE in their Roushes and Shelbys. We are very active in our car circuit here, cars of all manufacturers and I will tell you the upper class (or any class of)mustangs are not worth their weight in gold. But you enjoy it if all you have bought it for is speed, then your knowledge is limited. Best of luck to all parties involved.
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2010, 12:53 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Super Challenger #10 011
Trim Level: Mr Norm's SC'd 6.1l
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:786
08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeen View Post
I am sensing a whole lot of bias on your part which is fine as you drive the Dodge. I did notice a mistake in your post as the 2012 Boss IS NOT S/C'ed but a N/A motor. As far as the refined part again that is subjective and since you drive a Dodge well that's expected.

I rank the cars in question (minus the BMW) this way,

1) 2011 GT500
2) 2012 Boss Lse
3) 2011 Mustang 5.0
4) 2012 Dodge SRT-8
5) 2011 Camaro SS

As far as magazine write ups etc the Mustang GT handily wins the comparison tests ie braking, lateral g's etc etc. My question to a SRT-8 owner would be this. If the SRT-8 is far more refined etc why are the Challengers trailing so far behind the Camaro and Mustang GT's of the world in regards to sales numbers? I will say that it's a great time to pick up a modern muscle car in terms of $$$$$ to performance. The last time this situation presented itself we were a whole lot younger or not even born for some ie 1964-70. Oh nice on the Mustake thing as that shows/tells me a little bit about your personality and I will take the high road on this topic.
It sounds to me as though the bias is on your part due to the fact that your top 3 choices are fords, especially on a dodge forum. regardless of published numbers on any of these cars, the live rear axle on all of the mustangs will never out handle the independent rear suspension of the challenger srt8.

Mr Norms liquid cooled 2.8l Kenne Bell with 8lb pulley, Eibach coil over suspension, Hotchkis sway bars, Super Challenger Katzkin interior, Hurst short throw shifter. ARH longtube headers with high flow catted mid pipes, magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Black Viper style wheels with red raceline.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:54 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:299
KennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRESQu View Post
I am a little confused. In all of your studies you didn't research the production numbers of the Challenger vs the Mustang or Camaro? Why come to a Dodge website and bash our cars? What is to gain? To have an open and gentlemanly debate is one thing, but to openly say you have bought a phord to take on the Challengers of the world is beligerant, no? As a TWICE phord owner that was purchased back under lemon law, regardless of what phord vehicle it is, I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER PHORD AGAIN. But I don't bash them on their website. I think they are pieces of garbage that have electrical issues, THAT IS PROVEN TRUE in their Roushes and Shelbys. We are very active in our car circuit here, cars of all manufacturers and I will tell you the upper class (or any class of)mustangs are not worth their weight in gold. But you enjoy it if all you have bought it for is speed, then your knowledge is limited. Best of luck to all parties involved.
He's not bashing, simply stating facts. If you want to go that far, this thread shouldn't even exist! Pretty sure this is the RAM forum, no?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:54 AM

iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
I'd have to drive them all before offering any kind of opinion
That I agree with! Read ALL reviews. Not just one. But be wise enough to have an opinion of your own (to all involved in this conversation).
Old 12-29-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
He's not bashing, simply stating facts. If you want to go that far, this thread shouldn't even exist! Pretty sure this is the RAM forum, no?
This isn't the only place in the RamForumZ that he has "bashed" the Challenger and his own uncertainty of his Ram. So YES, he has bashed.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:58 AM

08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He hasn't posted anything that i can find in the challenger forum!! I wonder why that is.

Mr Norms liquid cooled 2.8l Kenne Bell with 8lb pulley, Eibach coil over suspension, Hotchkis sway bars, Super Challenger Katzkin interior, Hurst short throw shifter. ARH longtube headers with high flow catted mid pipes, magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Black Viper style wheels with red raceline.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:01 AM

KennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRESQu View Post
This isn't the only place in the RamForumZ that he has "bashed" the Challenger and his own uncertainty of his Ram. So YES, he has bashed.
Lol, apparently we have different definitions of the word "bash". If that's the case, Tina has continuously bashed Ford's. I like all kinds of cars. A good car is a good car, regardless of the make. Being biased because you think your car is better is ridiculous. To each their own though.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Lol, apparently we have different definitions of the word "bash". If that's the case, Tina has continuously bashed Ford's. I like all kinds of cars. A good car is a good car, regardless of the make. Being biased because you think your car is better is ridiculous. To each their own though.
I couldn't agree more! I don't go out looking to pick fights (or challenges on the street) with other manufacturers, I do get my feathers ruffled when it is done with me. Very nicely put!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 SRT8 3560 View Post
He hasn't posted anything that i can find in the challenger forum!! I wonder why that is.
I wonder why you guys care so much? You guys should be more open to the opinions of others, otherwise don't have these threads at all. They're completely unrelated to rams.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
you are absolutely right, a good car is a good car. I prefer the larger more refined interior, hemi motor and retro design of the challenger over the smaller less refined interiors and less desirable retro designs of the mustangs and camaros. IMO the big three retro muscle cars place in this order as far as design and performance.

1) Challenger SRT8
2) Mustang GT500
3) Camaro SS