DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Again, and I hope you are reading me this time....I AM ALL FOR GENTLEMANLY DEBATES or discussions, but what she is being accused of, he is doing as well. Let's keep this clean and respectful. Opinions of others matter when expressed respectfully and not looking to insight battles. This debate started from another thread where a comment was made directly challeging Challengers. What was he expecting to have happen? So we should respect only HIS opinion and his biasness to Mustangs and not ours to Dodge products? There is a hypocrisy in that.

Edit...last two cents added: I am not saying the Challenger is the best sports car. We didn't buy ours to "beat" everything else out there. We bought it because we ARE loyal to Dodge AND because WE liked the overall package of retro, luxury and performance. There will always be someone or something bigger, badder, better than you or yours.

Last edited by iRESQu; 12-29-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:299
KennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the rough

And there you have it. A healthy discussion. We're all here because we love Rams. Well, most of us anyway. We all think our trucks are better than others. At the end of the day, our opinion is all that should matter to us. We can't say with a definitive answer what's better than what. Every vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages. Any who, continue with your discussion. For the record, I love the way Tina's SRT-8 chally looks. If money wasn't an obstacle I would buy a chally over the 5.0.... but if I'm spending that much, I would get a Nissan GTR over all of the above! You get my point though. IMO, the 5.0 is the best bang for the buck, but not necessarily what I would prefer.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:18 AM

iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
And there you have it. A healthy discussion. We're all here because we love Rams. Well, most of us anyway. We all think our trucks are better than others. At the end of the day, our opinion is all that should matter to us. We can't say with a definitive answer what's better than what. Every vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages. Any who, continue with your discussion. For the record, I love the way Tina's SRT-8 chally looks. If money wasn't an obstacle I would buy a chally over the 5.0.... but if I'm spending that much, I would get a Nissan GTR over all of the above! You get my point though. IMO, the 5.0 is the best bang for the buck, but not necessarily what I would prefer.
Very nicely worded again. Reps to you for a great night of discussion. Nissan GTR's are supposed to be BA mamba jambas, but I heard they eat trannys every 10k miles. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Super Challenger #10 011
Trim Level: Mr Norm's SC'd 6.1l
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:786
08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold08 SRT8 3560 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
healthy debates are always good for the mind!!! the new 5.0 is supposed to be a meatier beast than past mustangs but i still prefer the srt8 suspension over the live rear axles of the mustangs.

Mr Norms liquid cooled 2.8l Kenne Bell with 8lb pulley, Eibach coil over suspension, Hotchkis sway bars, Super Challenger Katzkin interior, Hurst short throw shifter. ARH longtube headers with high flow catted mid pipes, magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Black Viper style wheels with red raceline.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRESQu View Post
Very nicely worded again. Reps to you for a great night of discussion. Nissan GTR's are supposed to be BA mamba jambas, but I heard they eat trannys every 10k miles. Can anyone confirm this?
I've read that as well, but have not owned one so cannot confirm.

For the money I'd spend on a Mustang GT - it would be a Factory Five Cobra replica for me. 427 stroker small block baby...
Old 12-29-2010, 12:26 AM

KennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRESQu View Post
Thank you, props to you as well. Not necessarily true on the tranny's. Like any vehicle, if you abuse/operate it improperly parts will break. I've seen high 9 and low 10 second gtr's using stock transmissions. Not to sure if the 8 second gtr is using a stock transmission. Odds are good that it's modified. Haven't really researched it though. I know a local guy that has 20k of spirited driving with no issues on his gtr. I'm a Nissan guy at heart when it comes to sports cars. Turbo's are the way to go. When my warranty is up on my truck, I'm gonna build a single turbo setup for it. Sorry for the off topic discussion.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:28 AM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I'm down for an old school 240Z with an LS1 and 6-speed transplant.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Thank you, props to you as well. Not necessarily true on the tranny's. Like any vehicle, if you abuse/operate it improperly parts will break. I've seen high 9 and low 10 second gtr's using stock transmissions. Not to sure if the 8 second gtr is using a stock transmission. Odds are good that it's modified. Haven't really researched it though. I know a local guy that has 20k of spirited driving with no issues. I'm a Nissan guy at heart when it comes to sports cars. Turbo's are the way to go. When my warranty is up on my truck, I'm gonna build a single turbo setup for it. Sorry for the off topic discussion.
LOL...I am enjoying the conversation of CARS...just like you said, that's what this is about!
I would love to be biased of Ferrari's...anyone interested in helping me become "biased" by ownership?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 SRT8 3560 View Post
healthy debates are always good for the mind!!! the new 5.0 is supposed to be a meatier beast than past mustangs but i still prefer the srt8 suspension over the live rear axles of the mustangs.
Tit for tat IMO. Both have their purposes. I tend to lean towards independent as well, but when I'm putting out some serious power and want my car to hook, solid seems the way to go.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 AM

You mean Ferrari 260 GTO biased?