DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno, that new Boss 302 Stang sure has some nice features... just wish the back ends of them weren't so durn fugly. Just sayin.

Chally for me please.
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned

Trim Level: 4x4 Sport
Color: Red
Rep:0
Kleeeen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 SRT8 3560 View Post
It sounds to me as though the bias is on your part due to the fact that your top 3 choices are fords, especially on a dodge forum. regardless of published numbers on any of these cars, the live rear axle on all of the mustangs will never out handle the independent rear suspension of the challenger srt8.

I have apologized already for any misunderstandings but I would like to clarify a few things if I could.

I joined this Dodge forum as it is a truck forum. Had I purchased a Chrysler car I would have joined the appropriate forum.

As far as lateral g's the Mustang pulls a higher number than the Dodge or Gm equivalant, what do you mean by the Dodge outhandling the Mustang (any).

I hope these questions/statements are taken as mere questions and not bashing. Happy New Year
Old 12-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRESQu View Post
I am a little confused. In all of your studies you didn't research the production numbers of the Challenger vs the Mustang or Camaro? Why come to a Dodge website and bash our cars? What is to gain? To have an open and gentlemanly debate is one thing, but to openly say you have bought a phord to take on the Challengers of the world is beligerant, no? As a TWICE phord owner that was purchased back under lemon law, regardless of what phord vehicle it is, I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER PHORD AGAIN. But I don't bash them on their website. I think they are pieces of garbage that have electrical issues, THAT IS PROVEN TRUE in their Roushes and Shelbys. We are very active in our car circuit here, cars of all manufacturers and I will tell you the upper class (or any class of)mustangs are not worth their weight in gold. But you enjoy it if all you have bought it for is speed, then your knowledge is limited. Best of luck to all parties involved.
If fact I did research production numbers and the Camaro comes in a number 1 Mustang number 2 and Challenger finishes in 3rd place. In Canada the order is slightly different with the Mustang in first the camaro in 2nd and Challenger in 3rd.

Second point. I have explained that the "taking on this was a joke or car person joshing etc. Keep in mind the Camaro was thrown in as well as the Challenger. Even if I was serious I am not sure how saying that I am buying a Boss to take on/beat Challengers/Camaros is bashing and or belligerant. The 3 cars have been duking it out for years with each car having its merits etc.

As far a Roush and Shelby's having electrical issues I must be lucky as I have not had one electrical issue/any issues. I have had 4 Mustangs over the years 90gt, 99gt 05gt and the 09 GT500 and the only issue I had had was an oil sending unit in the 90gt.

I hope my reply has somewhat straightened up our issue

Happy New Year
Old 12-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRESQu View Post
This isn't the only place in the RamForumZ that he has "bashed" the Challenger and his own uncertainty of his Ram. So YES, he has bashed.
First truck I have EVER owned and I bought it new 2 months ago so I am still learning about trucks/Rams hense the uncertainty. It would be the same with the F-150 or GM trucks
Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
He hasn't posted anything that i can find in the challenger forum!! I wonder why that is.

I don't own a Challenger but I do own a Ram truck, that would be my answer. Keep in mind I do not post on Ferrari, Lambo or even GM sites as I do not own any of their products either
Old 12-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Lol, apparently we have different definitions of the word "bash". If that's the case, Tina has continuously bashed Ford's. I like all kinds of cars. A good car is a good car, regardless of the make. Being biased because you think your car is better is ridiculous. To each their own though.
Very well put. I am certain that European car enthusiasts do not think highly of the Mustang Camaro or Challenger but hey to each their own
Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
you are absolutely right, a good car is a good car. I prefer the larger more refined interior, hemi motor and retro design of the challenger over the smaller less refined interiors and less desirable retro designs of the mustangs and camaros. IMO the big three retro muscle cars place in this order as far as design and performance.

1) Challenger SRT8
2) Mustang GT500
3) Camaro SS
To me there's nothing wrong with your pick order
Old 12-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
I dunno, that new Boss 302 Stang sure has some nice features... just wish the back ends of them weren't so durn fugly. Just sayin.

Chally for me please.
On several Mustang forums that rear end is a source of great debate, heated sometimes lol
Old 01-03-2011, 04:53 AM

Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

I hate you guys.

After selling mine, and years of just browsing, and hoping I wouldn't get suckered in again... I just emailed about a 280Z... damnit.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

My truck is 40lbs more than a new challenger? WTF?

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.