DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 8.0 Liter V10

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 8.0 Liter V10 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: black
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:14
Eddie Henderson 94v10 is on a distinguished road
Default Where is the v10 engine serial number

Trying to find the year of my new motor?
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i found this online

The cylinder heads used in the 1994 and 1995 model year (MY) V10 applications were c/n 53005854. The intake port is the area where we want to focus our attention. Look at Figure 1 and examine the upper portion of the port as indicated by the red circle. As you can see there is a very minor clearance relief for the intake manifold-mounted fuel injectors. However, with this cylinder head, it is impossible to remove or install the intake manifold without removing all of the injectors. This obviously was not the plan when it came to servicing this engine.

In MY 1996, the cylinder head kept that same casting number without any suffix or prefix, however a change was made in the top of the intake port (see Figure 2) to allow intake removal and installation without having to remove all of the injectors. Based upon the number of calls that I've received from engine builders not being able to reinstall the intake manifold after changing cylinder heads I thought it prudent to let everyone know about that change. This change is almost unnoticeable at first until you lay the heads side by side (see Figure 3). Many of the facilities that I have spoken with are taking the Ram by the horns, so to speak, to eliminate part of this frustration. They are using dye and scribing the port relief shape at the top of the port. They then remove the material at the top of the port of the 1994-'95 cylinder heads so that they match the 1996-later head. By doing this they now have only one cylinder head part number that will allow assembly of the intake manifold assembly (with injectors) without the installer becoming frustrated.

Year .......CID Lit. Bore Vin# Description Short Block Complete Block ....... Casting Crank Forging Head Casting ..Crank Kit No.
1997-94 488 8.0 V10, OHV, RWD, Roller Lifter, Trigger Fire Ign, Cast Iron 229700 229710 53041095 53005840 53005854
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 12-31-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: black
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:14
Eddie Henderson 94v10 is on a distinguished road

thank you very much....ill compare and let you know what i find out..