DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:10
ScottDAndersen is on a distinguished road
Default Window Sticker was wrong....

So I just purchased a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. Everything about the truck I love and wouldnt trade it for any other vehicle, but the window sticker read that it had the mopar side nerf bars. I asked the salesman about this before the sale and he said if its on the sticker then i defiently will get it. During final paperwork they mentioned that they could not do it and that corporate was sending them a new window sticker and it would not include the side steps. I found this to be very odd so i went through with the sale and gave dodge corporate a phone call the next day thinking they would make the dealership honor the sticker for false adverising as it clearly states at the bottom the truck comes with what is listed under federal law. They said they would look into it and call me within 24hrs and it has now been four days and i have tried calling them back over and over with no luck...person seems to be busy all the time lol. Im thinking about going to the BBB about this. What do yall think?

what do you guys think i should do?
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 SLT C.C.
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:946
Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

I would definitely wait until after the holiday's.

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:39 PM
erm

Give the holidays a chance to pass then call them back. Work within Dodge for a bit and give them time to investigate the issue. Also, get a copy of the window sticker that was on the truck if you don't already have it.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Now 2012

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Red Pearl
Rep:146
Ram11 will become famous soon enoughRam11 will become famous soon enough

Thats BS,,, but to be honest I would have straigten it out first, you had the upper hand,,,now its after the point,, but try the BBB,, can't hurt,,
Factory Fender Flare's... Smoked Rain Guard's... 8,000 Hid'... Zeta Body Side Molding... Painted Pinstripe... Dodge S/S Door Sills... S10 Bed Slide... Ghost Flames... Mopar Tonneau Cover... Mopar High Performance Exhaust... K and N Cold Air Intake...Bilstein 4600 Front Shocks.....Thunder Form enclosure Loaded with 2 10 Kenwood Subs,,
Old 12-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I will wait tell after the holidays to see what happens and already do have the window sticker from the truck. Thanks everyone for the input!

And I should have straightened it out before but was tired of arguing with the salesman and thought Dodge would make them uphold their sticker. We will see I guess and if it doesn't work out Dodge willl not like me
Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
erm

Dodge will have to honor the contract and the sticker. The dealer and Dodge will have to work out who's out the cost of the parts and labor to put them on but you bought the truck with that equipment list. Don't let them argue you out of them or deflect you in the slightest.

One of two things happened here...it came to the dealer with the bars and they were used on another truck or they bars were not shipped with the truck and the dealer didn't check the list against the truck. Either way, that's their problem and not yours.

Just play broken record, "I bought this truck with this sticker and this equipment list on it. The truck is missing the nerf bars." over and over and over again...

Last edited by erm; 12-31-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

BBB is a waste of time. They give their ratings by how much the company pays to them, they were exposed on the News or 60 Minutes or something like that.

Go to the General Manager of the dealership. Just be nice not argumentative. Bring the window sticker and then show him your truck. Don't get into all the stuff the salesman said etc. No need to blame him/her. They don't control that stuff.

The GM's I have dealt with over the years when I have had problems ALL fixed it. I have never gone to corporate because getting them involved in something that can be fixed locally just makes for a bad relationship between you and the dealership.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

that is exactly what i told the guy. I just have this feeling that they are going to come back saying they lowered the price of the truck because of not having the nerf bars when that is not at all what the salesman told me.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:58 PM
erm

I would not even let them start with that argument. It is not valid and has no merit.

I'd respond that you perused the equipment list on the sticker, the truck as equipped on the list is what you wanted, you and the dealer negotiated a price for that truck and they have to honor the deal. Then flash them a copy of the window sticker. Just keep shoving that in their face.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:59 PM
erm

I so wish I was you in this instance...I'd have a FREAKIN' BLAST with this!!!