DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-31-2010, 11:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDAndersen View Post
that is exactly what i told the guy. I just have this feeling that they are going to come back saying they lowered the price of the truck because of not having the nerf bars when that is not at all what the salesman told me.
Just tell the GM you bought the truck based on what the window sticker said it had and you expected it to have everything on.

Tell him/her the salesman and finance guy told you the sticker was wrong and that you expect the truck to have what the sticker has on it.

The reduction in price does not even come into the discussion. The price was quoted and agreed to based on what the window sticker said. It has the VIN on it. Show's the standard features and the options that were included in the deal.

Anything not on the sticker that was added into the deal is a different matter.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2010, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2625
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

If it was on the window sticker, they owe it to you & they know it

you brought the ball to the ball game, if you don't like the changed rules, take the ball back home

you didn't print the window sticker & if they knew it was false & were waiting on another sticker, they should have taken it off the window

call the company again on Monday & politely ask what they plan on doing about it, never mention to any person that works for Dodge the BBB, AAA, the News Media, or anyone other resources that you may be thinking about using.

You can also turn it into a good thing, like many more free oil changes than the 5 free ones that is usually given, or slush mats, or upgraded warranty, or maybe Uconnect WEB connect box & service for a year
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 12-31-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: 2010 HEMI Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:62
rarichard will become famous soon enough

dealerships seem to make a big deal out of getting good survey scores after you buy a new vehicle. Make sure you let them know if you are not taken care of with either a set of step bars or the cash value of, that you will simply make sure the survey reflects the service you recieved. Also make it politely known that you are not trying to pull one over on them and you feel they are trying to pull one over on you and the only one that will lose out eventually in the end is the dealership, all over what would have cost either Chrysler or the Dealership about a $150-200 for parts and labor. Worst case scenerio is that you've learned not to sign anyting until everything is taken care of, no matter how big or small the problem.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

That's too bad to hear this as buying a new vehicle is too often not the fun experience it should be. My recent purchase at a Dodge dealer I had not done business with before was so smooth. Even after the sale, I called in and asked for the original build sheet, brochures and other little items. They showed up in the mail three days later. I was so impressed by their follow through and the truck I wrote and called Dodge direct. So, to now read about the BS you're going through. I would first contact the dealership owner and tell him, per the factory sticker it says it comes with Mopar side steps. And, if this is the case, NO where in the sales contract does it say the final price is based on the truck coming without the steps. Then, I would calmly use the words "bait and switch" and that you would like to resolve the issue at this level. However, you are so put off by the bait and switch situation you are ready to even contact Dodge corporate to the highest level, including truck CEO Fred Diaz, and the local media as "bait and switch" is what we seem to have here. However, you would much rather keep a good relationship with the dealer you were planning to do warranty work and maintenance on the truck for years to come.
If he tells you, "You signed the 'nothing due or owed to you form' at closing" then again remind him that this is because it was clearly on the window sticker and something that the factory says is with the truck. It is not a dealer extra such as interior scotchguard etc.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:222
BLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura about

Going to check my sticker now!!! I would so love to see something missing off mine...

"MPG???...I get Smiles Per Gallon!"
2010 RAM SPORT CC 4x4 Hemi
Diablo Tuner, Mufflex 14, Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks, 3.5 lift, 35 in mud tires
Old 01-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:10
ScottDAndersen is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the input. I was hoping to get it resolved at the dealer level, buy they claimed because of the "deal" they gave me they were unable to do it. I did not ask to speak to the guy in charge at the dealership though before contacting corporate. I gave them Monday to see if they would call me back and they did not. Just gave them a call again this morning and they said the guy i need to talk to is busy once again.....I told the lady who answered the phone to find me someone else to speak to beause he does not return phone calls. She said she would and have someone call.....

Last edited by ScottDAndersen; 01-04-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:09 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

Maybe you should check the build sheet. Go to the Dodge Ram Web site register and sign in. once signed in put your vin in and some where you should be able to ask for a build sheet
I got mine after a couple of days by email. if it is positive they have no answer, if negative just use the window sticker.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

Again, if it is not in print that you signed that you were getting such a good deal because the bars were missing don't let them pull that BS. My truck factory MSRP on the window was 45,300 for a 2011. The dealer mark up (that you throw out the window asap as it means nothing was 48,300). The printed Chrysler group invoice said it cost them 41,661. It's a 2011 and I got it out for 37,300. And, YOU KNOW they aren't making these to give away at a loss. So, even then there is profit or a unit sale that the dealer gets brownie points on from the factory. Therefore, for them to pull that there is no money in it on the deal you got, over some bars that they charge a fortune for but cost them a fraction of that is a joke.
Again, so irritating to hear and reaffirms the notorious slick dick car sales of some dealers. And, the fact that whomever is too busy to call you back further marks that place as askew. If you were on the phone with cash in your pocket and had a question on a truck that you only wanted answered by higher managment, they would be calling you back on speed dial. Keep us posted.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
rodolan is on a distinguished road

It sounds to me like someone bought another Ram before yours and wanted nerf bars and jacked yours hoping the next sale wouldn't notice. But I agree if it's on the sticker then you should have them. Just a thought.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
ScottDAndersen is on a distinguished road

So finally after two weeks of calling them every other day due to unreturned phone calls I got a phone call from the dealership I purchased the truck at to set up an appointment to get my side steps installed . Thanks everyone for the advice, greatly apprecaited!