DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
manitoba2010ram is on a distinguished road
Default 6" pro comp lift with 37's ?

I have a 2010 quad cab sport and I will be installing the 6" procomp lift. The local dealership is installing these lifts with 18" rims and 35's. So in the spirit of trying to be different I'm looking at procomp 7047 series wheels 20x9 with 5.25 backspacing and would like to install 37" tires. Problem I'm having is that lift call a max tire size of 37 12.5 and these are not easy to find in a 20. Has any one ran a 37 13.5 20 with my backspacing and not had any normal driving rubbing?
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

manitoba2010ram is on a distinguished road

come on somebody knows
Old 01-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 4X4
Trim Level: LARAMIE
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
ACE778 is on a distinguished road

I am looking for a similar lift and tire set up. Im sure someone has done this and a few people should know the answer. Try posting the question in the lifting section.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

I had a 6" ProComp with 37x13.5 on 17's and rubbed slightly. I had to cut away some of the inner fender well to avoid the rubbing. I don't know if that helps at all, but that is the best I can offer.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

damn that truck is sexy i donno why you got rid of it
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 01-04-2011, 02:55 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
Don't worry, it's "still in the family"
Old 01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

You could always try a 1/4" spacer, or go to an adapter and move them out a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Slicker View Post
Incest?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:22 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
I have growing girls with miles of legs and the QC wasn't enough. Now, if they get any bigger, then they can deal with it or walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Slicker View Post
Thanks Bud! And the new owners, Dodgeman70592 and his wife mySRT8u, are loving it!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: 11 2500 4x4
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:14
tbeaton is on a distinguished road

the super swamper vortrac comes in a 12.5. bfg offers it in the at and km2. yokohama has them in both mt and at. as long as your not looking for e rated tires you should have no problems finding them.
11 deep water blue 2500 big horn, 5.7 hemi, 4.10 gears, 6" bds short arm lift, 20x9 -12 offset kmc hoss black wheels, 37x12.5x20 nitto trails, n fab cab length nerf bars, banks muffler w/ lou's custom tubing, pocket flares, top gun customz dual steering stabilizer, mission sled deck.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
CHADDER03 is on a distinguished road

I just went through all of this. it was brutal i spent a couple days at the parts store with the guy trying to figure out how this was going to work and what was instock. to run 37x13.5 your best to go with a 20in wheel with at the very most a 5in backspace. now that all depends on whether the tire is actually 13.5, i found a lot of them if you look at the specs are closer to 14. i personally went with super swamper m16's 37x13.5r20 and the wheels have a 4.5in back space and a -12 offset. the way the tires stick out looks awesome its not to far but not sucked in to much. the only rubbing issue i had was the plastic stone gaurd on the driver side rocker panel rubbed a bit so i trimmed it back a bit. the only time it rubbed was when the wheel was turned half way i was braking and pulling into a store with a roadside curb. so not really a big deal but still an issue. what ever you do dont go with 35's. i find they just look way to small, even the 37's dont look that big on there. as far as the lifts go i went with the skyjacker and the guy who install it was extremely impressed, even the alignment was barely out after. it keeps all factory geometery and the ride height is level where as a lot of lifts still leave the front sagged down. i did a hell of a lot of research on the lifts and it came down to procomp superlift and skyjacker. all seemed to be in close quality but in the end personally the skyjacker won hands down.
hope that helps