DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:12
specialops is on a distinguished road
Default Few questions, RCX 6"

My name is Jake, i'm kinda new to the forum atmosphere. I've just got a few questions. I've got a 2008 ram 1500, 5.7l 4x4. Completely stock right now. When i get back from deployment, i'm gunna be dropping some money on her!
I'm interested in the RCX 6", and off their website, it claims with just the 6" i can run a 37x12.50 R20 with 5.5 BS. So, my question is, would i be able to run 37x12.50 R20, with -12mm offset or even -24mm offset 20x10 rim, with bilsteins maxed out in front, and a little spacer in back. Without trimming / Rubbing going on? I've tried to search for similar setups, but i cant find a for sure answer anywhere!

Next question is, What would my rake be like, without a spacer in the back? I dont mind the rear being a little higher. Would the bilsteins push the front up way higher than the rear?

Next question is, what's with these Kicker braces RC sells, anyone got a picture of them? Or feel they add any extra stability?

Thanks for your help guys!

Jake
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialops View Post
My name is Jake, i'm kinda new to the forum atmosphere. I've just got a few questions. I've got a 2008 ram 1500, 5.7l 4x4. Completely stock right now. When i get back from deployment, i'm gunna be dropping some money on her!
I'm interested in the RCX 6", and off their website, it claims with just the 6" i can run a 37x12.50 R20 with 5.5 BS. So, my question is, would i be able to run 37x12.50 R20, with -12mm offset or even -24mm offset 20x10 rim, with bilsteins maxed out in front, and a little spacer in back. Without trimming / Rubbing going on? I've tried to search for similar setups, but i cant find a for sure answer anywhere!

Next question is, What would my rake be like, without a spacer in the back? I dont mind the rear being a little higher. Would the bilsteins push the front up way higher than the rear?

Next question is, what's with these Kicker braces RC sells, anyone got a picture of them? Or feel they add any extra stability?

Thanks for your help guys!

Jake
Jake, welcome to the forum!

To answer your question, 37's will fit as will -12/-24 offset especially when you add the Bilsteins.
Without the bilsteins having the -24 offset may or may not rub the plastic on the fender.
Wont know till it actually goes on, but it can be easily fixed with some trimming. That said, it again, may not require anything.
But if you are throwing on the Bilsteins, you will be more than likely fine

A few questions...
What is your current rake now?
This will determine if you need a spacer when you install the Bilsteins which I believe adds 2" for your year of ram.
Park your truck on a level ground and measure the fenders from ground to below the lip of it.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I wish i knew my rake! I'm currently over sea's, i'll be back in december. So, i have no idea what my rake is. Just doing some rough math, i'm guessing i'll need a small spacer in the back to even the rake out, but then again every ram is different, so i'm not sure. Also thanks for the information! I'm glad you responded, you're the main person i wanted to hear from! I tryed PM'ing you since you have alot of the same things i'm trying for, Need 25 posts tho!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:57 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

i have adjustable shocks in the front set to the max, and a 1.5" rear coil spacer and i have a 1" rake now i run a different lift in the front than you are thinking about but the same in the back, hope his helps

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Awesome! Thanks, That's what i'm assuming i'll have to do. Do you mind me asking what spacer you ran in the back?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

i ran a readylift 1.5" spacer in the back with the 6"rcx lift, and in the fron i ran a procomp 6" lift with a procomp adjustable shock up set to 2.75" without the preload strut spacers http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=122762 bunch of pics that show the little bit of rake real good, i have right at 1" of rake, i tried a 1"spacer and only had .5"rake if that and i didnt like that i wanted just a tad more so i went with the 1.5in spacer now i am having to find longer break lines becuase there is almost no play in the rear lines so no off roading right now, i did find a fix for the problem through http://www.rizeind.com/ they specialize in 8-12" lifts so i reached out to them and got a set of new break line that are for a 8-12" lift which should be perfect for me and i think they were 60$ or so plus the shipping hope all of this helps.

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 10-13-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram SLT Crew Cab
Rep:10
Jeepdork is on a distinguished road

Crown in Sandiego does really nice brake lines, they are the where a lot of manufactures get their's. By direct and save!

http://www.crownperformance.com/
Old 10-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
i ran a readylift 1.5" spacer in the back with the 6"rcx lift, and in the fron i ran a procomp 6" lift with a procomp adjustable shock up set to 2.75" without the preload strut spacers http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=122762 bunch of pics that show the little bit of rake real good, i have right at 1" of rake, i tried a 1"spacer and only had .5"rake if that and i didnt like that i wanted just a tad more so i went with the 1.5in spacer now i am having to find longer break lines becuase there is almost no play in the rear lines so no off roading right now, i did find a fix for the problem through http://www.rizeind.com/ they specialize in 8-12" lifts so i reached out to them and got a set of new break line that are for a 8-12" lift which should be perfect for me and i think they were 60$ or so plus the shipping hope all of this helps.
Did you need longer U bolts to occomodate the extra 1.5" Blocks? Or did you do a strut spacer? I cant seem to find a strut spacer for a 2008. Might be SOL.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialops View Post
I wish i knew my rake! I'm currently over sea's, i'll be back in december. So, i have no idea what my rake is. Just doing some rough math, i'm guessing i'll need a small spacer in the back to even the rake out, but then again every ram is different, so i'm not sure. Also thanks for the information! I'm glad you responded, you're the main person i wanted to hear from! I tryed PM'ing you since you have alot of the same things i'm trying for, Need 25 posts tho!
hahaha....just post 'fastNugly, i got a question for you'
order the rear spacer after you lift or once you know your rake.
When you're back, simply measure it and you'll get an idea.
Most lift kits eliminate 1" of rake, so factor that in.
But its always easy to add the coil spacer later than adjusting the front Bisteins
Old 10-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
i have adjustable shocks in the front set to the max, and a 1.5" rear coil spacer and i have a 1" rake now i run a different lift in the front than you are thinking about but the same in the back, hope his helps
exactly what he said.
but 4th gens may be different. thats why i said to measure yours or wait till you are lifted.
1.5" rear coil spacer does give us 1" of rake when Bilsteins are set to max.
For me...at 2.1 (Bilsteins) ill get a 1" rake with the 1.5" rear coil spacer.

RCX is 1/2" taller than most non coilover kits out there