DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Very nice! The tires look great!
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
Very nice! The tires look great!
Actually looks better than your buddy's with the 9" and 35's.
a lot better to be honest. Lol
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram, 2004 ram SRT10
Trim Level: 4X4 Sport
Color: Inferno red
Rep:12
ABSRT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Sweet!
You got it to work.

Truck and lift looks really good.
The 35's do not look out of place too

I actually really like it.
Have you calibrated your speedo yet?
How does she drive?
Ya I don't think it looks too bad with 35's. it rides little stiffer but still pretty nice I think. Haven't done speedo yet, guess ill have to get a chip for that?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Actually looks better than your buddy's with the 9" and 35's.
a lot better to be honest. Lol
I completely agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSRT View Post
Ya I don't think it looks too bad with 35's. it rides little stiffer but still pretty nice I think. Haven't done speedo yet, guess ill have to get a chip for that?
It looks really good! Get a tuner and you will love it!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Molten Red
Rep:10
panelman61 is on a distinguished road
Default First post (with questions)

I just read through all 22 pages of this. Here's what I'm working with: got a 2012 Deep Molten Red 2 tone Laramie in Oct, but only been home for 3 weeks of that. On top of that I go on deployment in Jan. I told the wife that I was going to just send money back with a list of stuff and told her which shop to take it to. Right now I'm thinking of going with the following:

6" RCX
Bilsteins in the front at about 2.4 (I think that's the one down from max)
Some chrome 20x10 Moto Metal 961's with body colored inserts
and 37-12.5-20 Nitto's or Toyo's (not sure which yet)

Is all this going to work right? Seems like it should and should look good too. I have to do all my research now because we don't have very good internet on the carrier's. I just need to order the stuff, have it sent to the house and have her take it to get it installed. It'll be kinda like coming home to a new truck...Oh wait, it still only has 1200 miles on it so it still is.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by panelman61 View Post
I just read through all 22 pages of this. Here's what I'm working with: got a 2012 Deep Molten Red 2 tone Laramie in Oct, but only been home for 3 weeks of that. On top of that I go on deployment in Jan. I told the wife that I was going to just send money back with a list of stuff and told her which shop to take it to. Right now I'm thinking of going with the following:

6" RCX
Bilsteins in the front at about 2.4 (I think that's the one down from max)
Some chrome 20x10 Moto Metal 961's with body colored inserts
and 37-12.5-20 Nitto's or Toyo's (not sure which yet)

Is all this going to work right? Seems like it should and should look good too. I have to do all my research now because we don't have very good internet on the carrier's. I just need to order the stuff, have it sent to the house and have her take it to get it installed. It'll be kinda like coming home to a new truck...Oh wait, it still only has 1200 miles on it so it still is.
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your truck....my choice of options the day I bought my truck was factory order OR choose between a black sport or laramie in deep molton (2 tone), similar to yours.
So....I know you got a great looking truck

Regarding the lift. That is exactly what I ran when I first lifted.
6" RCX on Bilsteins at 2.1 (not 2.4 ) and ran 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers.
Both the Toyo MT's and the Trails are made by the same company, very similar in wear (they last a long time if rotated regularly) and quality.
The Toyo MT's are a tad quieter (not to say the Trails are loud, because they are not) but the Trails look much more aggressive in my honest opinion.

That said, you CANNOT go wrong with either. It comes down to preference and either of them will not rub as you are adding Bilsteins.

There is ONE thing you are missing.....you will NEED to order a 1" or 1.5" rear coil spacer to get that rear up as you will be slightly nose high, which I am sure you DO NOT want.

I have a 1" rear coil spacer (purchased from Top Gun Customz) and I had a 1/4" rake, which is a little to level for my liking. You may be ok with this....if not, I would go with a 1.5" spacer. This will give your rear a little more lift about 1/2"-1" depending on your factory rake and if you load your bed, it will sag level.

Hope this helps

Last edited by fastNugly @ BP; 12-11-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for the reply. I decided to pull the trigger and order the stuff before I leave. Just a few more questions:
1) Where's the best/cheapest place to get the 6"RCX lift?
2) What P/N or size Bilsteins will I need? And a good vender?
3) I've decided to just max the shocks out at 2.8 so will that make it a 2" rear spacer?
Thanks in advance! If I get this stuff on order in the next day or two, it'll be at the house for a few days before I get home and the wife will be over the initial anger. LOL
Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: White
nascarjonb is on a distinguished road

2011 RAM 1500 SLT 4X4
Chrome steps
2.5 RC leveling kit
Rock dull black rims 17X9 -12mm back spacing
315/70/17 Kuhmo road venture kl 78
rubbing at full steering lock for now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck1.jpg (107.4 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg truck2.jpg (112.1 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg truck3.jpg (111.8 KB, 186 views)
Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by panelman61 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I decided to pull the trigger and order the stuff before I leave. Just a few more questions:
1) Where's the best/cheapest place to get the 6"RCX lift?
2) What P/N or size Bilsteins will I need? And a good vender?
3) I've decided to just max the shocks out at 2.8 so will that make it a 2" rear spacer?
Thanks in advance! If I get this stuff on order in the next day or two, it'll be at the house for a few days before I get home and the wife will be over the initial anger. LOL
Sorry for the late reply and not sure if you ordered it already.
1) You can order directly from RCX and I believe its free shipping
2) I dont have the part number for this but there are many sites where you can enter in your vehicle info and the correct part number will pop up
3) 1.5" rear coil spacer is still a great choice. 2" will work but you will have those shocks extended. Plus 2" will give you substantial rake in the neighborhood of 1.25-1.5". If that is what you want, I would do the 1.75". if you order the lift from RCX directly, ask them to get your the 1.75" rear coil spacer from their leveling kit as they do sell it separately and I believe its $40
Old 12-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I went ahead and started ordering some parts. The 1.5" spacers are already at the house along with a 1.25 body lift. The 5100's were shipped yesterday, but I figured I'd wait till after christmas to order the suspension lift to keep peace in the house. I did get bored and ordered a 14" Mufflex for it though so when I get home Fri, I'll have stuff to do over the weekend. I figure I'll go ahead and install the exaust, and the body lift first. Then just put the shocks and spacers in when the lift is installed. I'll be sure to put up some pics since I think this is all gonna look GOOD when it's all put together. Now I see what people mean when they say they need to stay off these forums because it makes them want to order more stuff more mods. LOL