DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Longhorn Limited
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
SoDakMac is on a distinguished road

I have to disable mine after power washing the truck at a car wash when it is cold. The sensors are obviously clean and no ice on their surface. After it sits in the heated shop overnight it is back to normal. I assume that one or more of the sensors are getting moisture in somewhere, which is causing the issue. When I wash the truck in the shop with just a hose and bucket I do not have the problem.
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
I've had no problems with mine even after a wash, and it's getting pretty cold here now.
I'm with ya on that also . It's too cold for me to wash my SRT8 car . I've been letting the local car wash get all the road salt and grime off of it here recently and haven't had a bit of problem with mine .
Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Aries is on a distinguished road

I had the same thing happen to me the other day after a wash. Went out to see if they were dirty. but there was nothing. I think that water got into the sensor.
The next day everything was back to normal.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 View Post
I'm with ya on that also . It's too cold for me to wash my SRT8 car . I've been letting the local car wash get all the road salt and grime off of it here recently and haven't had a bit of problem with mine .
I spoke too soon. I pressure washed mine last week when it was around -18 Celcius and I had malfunctioning sensors with the "clean sensors message" for about a day.

Last edited by RansRAM; 01-16-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:167
rtkman has a spectacular aura aboutrtkman has a spectacular aura about

I get that message all the time. I think my system is off more than its on lately. I don't really pay much attention to it anyways. I've had way to many people in for bumper repairs because their backup system didn't detect something.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Austin Tan
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Diver Down is on a distinguished road

I posted this under another thread on the forum its the same issue here.
It maybe ice, but what ever it is, it shouldn’t be happening and it doesn’t happen on all Rams with Park assist. If your still in warranty take it to the Dealer and tell them you want a ticket open with Chrysler TAC (Technical Assistance Centre). If enough people do it might get fixed. Don’t leave it to your dealer to contact Chrysler, they get paid on warrenty work to replace the parts not fix the problem. Here is my story.... (and before anyone flames me, I LOVE my truck)

I have a 2010 that I had custom built to order in July 10. The first day it went below 0C/32F (2011), I had issues with the sensors. I have had them all replaced 4 times and had the truck in the shop at least 7 times for it. The local dealer said they see this all the time with RAMs but have no idea what the cause is. I was told by the service manager after the 3rd time my truck was in for this that an incident ticket was put in with Chrysler Canada's TAC.

What I forgot, dealers make their money on warranty work doing rip and replace. So they have been doing the rip and replace of the sensors with no focus on trying to determine the root cause. When I asked what happens when the truck comes out of warranty they up front said they will charge me 300 a sensor. As a side note, if anyone lives in my area stay away from this dealer, I have never met a General Manager who openly hates his manufacture and customers like this guy does.

Sorry, back to my saga...

My warranty is up in another 1500 miles and again the sensors are acting up, so after showering following my discussion with the dealership, I called Chrysler direct to complain. No TAC ticket was put in by the Dealer, so they had no record.... So I opened on myself in Jan. No one has been able to identify the issue and on the weekend, when it was occurring and they could have actually done diagnostics, the dealerships GM said they no longer needed or wanted my business and refused to look at it, after they had been driving it like they owned it all week...

I love my truck, I loved my Jeeps, I loved my first car a 73 Duster with a 340, even my Dad's K-car that I learned to drive in. I have been a lifer when it comes to Chryslers but I told them today, my experience with my local dealer and this reoccurring issue that everyone claims doesn’t exist has me questioning what my next vehicle will be.