DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Not only is upsetting, but we pulled all of our aftermarket components that we were using because of the "white nose" generated by the Alpine amp. Our amps just intensified it. We are having our tech come by in the next couple of weeks or "dodgeman70592" to help us install it and find out how to eliminate it.
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2011, 02:13 AM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Its funny I have the stock sound system and I think it is pretty good. I am just adding a sub, amp and crossover to get some bass since I dont have a sub in the truck. I am pretty pleased with the sound, glad I didnt spend the extra on the Alpine system then
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 01-08-2011, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:82
E220 will become famous soon enough

Mine does pump. I just expect more loudness. I may change the front door speakers.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat has to moderate the factory volume levels in an effort to prevent long term hearing loss. Kind of like the lady that sued McDonalds after burning herself with hot coffee.

Just one of the many benefits from having them damn Democrats running around.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
GRam is on a distinguished road

I have the Alpine system in my TRX crew and think it sounds pretty good. One thing I am unhappy with is the level of bass or "thump" from the factory sub and the lack of control for it alone. Any advice on replacing the sub with something better to get a bit more kick? Don't want to run dual subs as I need the other underseat compartment to hold hard hat etc..

Torque, it's what moves you...
Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: black met. pxr
GregBel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders1986 View Post
mine bumps hard i love it ....
mine is perfectly fine too, althought i didn't buy the truck for a sound system it was just a perk
Old 01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: black met. pxr
GregBel is on a distinguished road

i feel it's perfectly fine as well, however I didn't buy the truck because of the alpine system it was just a perk
Old 01-09-2011, 01:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:78
saunders1986 will become famous soon enough

same here greg... it was kinda just there, didnt have a choice, like alot of features on my truck, i didnt want parking sensors, trailer brake, alpine, or center console shifter, 3.92's, bigger gas tank, or crew cab even.... but somehow... ended up with everything meh... happy i did get everything now lol
Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport
Color: Black
sinistersix is on a distinguished road

adding new speakers to a stock system may make it clearer, but it wont be louder at all, actually most likely it will be less loud due to the aftermarket speakers being less efficient than factory ones. If you want more volume, look into something like a JL Cleansweep or Kicker Sum8 to integrate the factory radio with aftermarket amps that have more power and can drive aftermarket speakers correctly.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

We found yesterday that the "white noise" was from within the Alpine system, possibly the stock head unit. My point to this, if you are going to upgrade, do it all and do it right. Very shortly we are going to attempt this upgrade of our own components with help from Dodgeman70592 and our tech DieselGeek.