DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 Laramie
Rep:10
rocketman is on a distinguished road
Default Should I buy the extended warranty

I am buying a 2011 laramie and thinking about the extended warranty (I am in Canada). I will be using the truck for business and will be driving a lot on the highway. I know if something goes wrong it would be good to have it, however it seams like its pretty expensive. I think they said it was $3000.00 for 200,000km powertrain. So that 3k for an additional 100,000kms of powertrain only.

Advice? price paid? better options?
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2011, 10:01 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3225
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I'm make sure you get the MaxCare equivalent, the full bumper to bumper is well worth the price.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport QC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Premium
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:85
2011Ram will become famous soon enough

23,000 km before I traded in my 2004 with a hemi, the engine got hydro-locked in deep water at only 111,000 km. The new engine cost $11,200. These things are expensive to fix! With all the electronics on the new trucks, all it takes is one major component to fail and the warranty would pay for itself. My cost was $1,400 to have full bumper to bumper for the whole power train warranty period.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

I just purchased a 2011 sport 4x4. I bought a lifetime bumper to bumper, 5 year paintless dent repair, and 5 year tire/wheel/roadside hazard protection for $3200. The extended warranty is almost as much as the lifetime so if you do one do the lifetime. It's a 100 dollar deductible and covers everything the original factory warranty covers, AND it's thru Chrysler so any dealer will honor it. They send you a card to show the dealer to identify your warranty. I am doing several aftermarket things to my vehicle things and checked with service before I pulled the trigger.

Good luck and if you have any other specific questions about coverage I can scan the paperwork and send it to you...

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541
Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Also check with your insurance company . Some of them do offer a mechanical break down insurance .
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 AM
erm

Mine paid off in less than a year. I got the MaxCare warranty (basically bumper to bumper except wear items) for the web advertised price at Chryslercontracts.com through the dealer.

The truck has been in twice for driveline fixes (one intermediate bearing for the driveshaft, one u-joint replacement) and once to replace the REC NAV head unit. For $200 out of pocket ($100 deductible, driveline services were counted as one to fix a vibration) I got approx. $400 in service performed and $2300 in parts replaced.

My warranty cost me $1970 so I'd say it was worth it.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

When i bought my truck in February 2009, i was thinking about the HUGE debt that i had just accrued & the Finance Dept. guy was Not answering my questions in a direct way, so just wanted to get out of there with wiggly bits still attached. So i was not really listening to my warranty options, so i just bought the 5 year 36,000 mile basic plan.
Just before it hit the 36,000 mile mark, I upgraded the warranty to the
bumper to bumper, unlimited mileage, Lifetime Maximum Care Plan. No plastic parts, like my hood & bumpers are covered, or so i was told. No wear parts are covered either, BUT, when i bought my truck, my purchase price included a Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty, so the engine, transmission, & rear differential is covered by that. There are other warranties that no one remembers about such as Federal Emissions Warranty and Corrosion Warranty.

*NOTE
Federal Emissions Warranty
The Federal Emissions Warranty guidelines are based on federal regulations and apply to vehicles in all 50 states. Vehicles are covered by two types of emissions control system warranty, "Emission Defect Warranty" and "Emissions Performance Warranty".

Depending on the state you live in, the Performance Warranty is for 3 years/50,000 miles. The Defect Warranty is generally consistent with the manufacturer's bumper-to-bumper warranty with certain parts (catalytic converter and electronic emissions controls (PCM) for up to 8 years/80,000 miles. Please refer to your owner's manual for your exact emissions warranty.

Corrosion Warranty
Covers rust-through perforation on sheet metal for a specified term. Surface corrosion from scratched, nicks and dents are not covered. Please refer to your owner's manual for your exact corrosion warranty.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: RT
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mrbvlo is on a distinguished road

I got the MaxCare package for 2700.00 on my 2011 Ram RT. Bumper to Bumper, less the wear items (brakes, tires, etc.) for unlimited miles, unlimited time. I tend to finance my vehicles for 5 years and then keep them another 5 without a having a payment. But this deal is so sweet, I may just keep it for the next 20. Any Chrysler, Dodge dealer will perform the repairs and it's a 100 dollar deductible for each visit. If the repair takes more than 4 hours, they give me a rental for up to 5 days (35.00) a day. My dealership also offered free oil changes for life as an incentive to buy. I'm pretty much set and happy as a clam!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:31 PM

Vehicle: Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:147
SnowChief will become famous soon enoughSnowChief will become famous soon enough

I got the extended warranty and was able to negotiate it down ( I think I paid about $1.2k. $3k seems high, although I bought my Ram warranty in 2008. Will they negotiate with you?
Old 01-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

when you get the extended warranties, IF you have like the 5 or 7 year plan, you buy the Lifetime warranty & at the same time, they pro rate the current plan, because you have to cancel it, to get the new warranty, you pay the difference between the pro rated value & the price of the new plan, for my Lifetime Warranty minus the pro rated value, i paid $1100
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle