DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Warranty Issues

Notices

Dodge Ram Warranty Issues Discuss your Dodge Ram Warranty in this forum.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Ram 1500, ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dblj1500 is on a distinguished road
Default a warranty problem or not?

A was washing my truck yesterday and noticed little divots on the edge of my bumper. I dont have mud flaps on my truck yet and im thinking its from the tires. I'm thinking about going to my local dodge dealership to see what they say but i dont think they will play ball. I can see them saying that i should have had mud flaps on the back but if they were so important they should come with them from the factory. On the other hand i can see them saying that i could have been messing around doing donuts and kicking up stones or what not to do the damage which is true, how do they know what caused it. Any thoughts if i should bring this up to them or not? Thanks, Justin
Sponsored links
Old 02-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Gold Pearlcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:38
rcmpvet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblj1500 View Post
On the other hand i can see them saying that i could have been messing around doing donuts and kicking up stones or what not to do the damage which is true, how do they know what caused it. Any thoughts if i should bring this up to them or not? Thanks, Justin
Damn I hate being politically correct, but it is something not only ingrained in me but that I carried throughout my previous career.

I say suck it up and live with it, why should others pay for your actions. If you meant to say otherwise then I do apologize however unless you bought the vehicle within the week or did not put on more than a couple of hundred then I would say negotiate with the dealer. This is however a fact of life in owning a truck, at least the design is such that it is the bumper most likely to get sprayed.

Last edited by rcmpvet; 02-15-2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added another $0.02
Old 02-15-2014, 03:03 PM

I was just using that as a emaxple and saying it was true that they could say i was doing that and i have no proof that it wasnt done from that. The damage is in fact from just every day driving and not from messsing around in the truck. Thats the only reason why i brought this up. I figured it was a slim to none chance of bringing it in and them saying they would take care of it but just wanted some opinions. Chances are im just going to see what my local body shop will do and also pick up some mudflaps, Thanks for the input. Justin
Old 02-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The paint warranty is for things like the clear coat flaking off like all the General Motors vehicles did in the late 1970s & 1980s

I suggest that you buy a paint pen from your parts dept.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/how...-up-paint-pen/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-16-2014, 11:01 AM

I'll see what the body shop says because some of them need to be sanded down and filled in with some body filler and thats something i dont want to attempt. I dont think a pen will take care of that. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Black Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
walc is on a distinguished road

You have a 2012 truck and you think the warranty should fix road rash?
Get real.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:52 PM

It was just a question, My mind set behind it was the truck has less than 8k on it and still has its 3yr/36k and to me its a design flaw or careless thinking to put stock rims on a truck that are wider than the wheel well so that parts of the truck to get ruined from something as simple as everyday driving. You could say put mud flaps on if your worried about it which in fact i just bought some from another member but if its not necessary to have them from the factory then i shouldnt have to walk around the truck and look for potential flaws/concerns and buy parts that should have came with the truck ...In some states its necessary to have atleast the rear ones installed before it leaves the dealership or they can not sell it! I also stated that it was a long shot and didnt think this would fly so its not like im really expecting this to be taking care of..So before you tell me to "get real" why do you think about where someone might be coming from. Thanks, Justin