DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Towing

Notices

Towing 4th Gen Dodge Ram Towing Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:26
austaz is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 1500 factory brake controller aftermarket install works

After searching I couldn't find a clear answer on the 2011 model so here is one.

I installed the factory brake controller last week on a 1500 Big Horn, the truck came with both the 4 and 7 pin towing connectors on the back. Inder the dash right in the center bellow the steering wheel were both the required connectors (not tucked away like people mention for the 09/10). Undid about 1 turn of tape and both came loose and reached over to the controller position.

The controller I had to order using the part number (56029431AG) not using my model year as the dealers would not order it. The dealers did not have an explination about the service bulletin saying that there would be problems with the install but would not install it.

The controller functions and can be adjusted on it's front pannel, unfortunatly no EVIC integration as no one will do the flash in this area. Pulled a 28ft car trailer with a loaded weight around 6000# for 1000 miles on the weekend with no problems.
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Congrats on a successful mod and thanks for the report.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad it worked out for you
who knows, maybe sometime when you go in for servicing, they will be doing a flash for some other reason & the brake controller will pop up in the readout & they may do the flash for it

Good Luck
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: outdoorsman
Color: deep water blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mrroader14 is on a distinguished road

great info, thanks for the part number. glad it worked for ya.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2004.5 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Molten Red/ Silver
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:93
Poriggity will become famous soon enough

Very cool! Glad it works for other trucks.. I wish they had offered an intergrated brake controller in my 04 when I bought it. I ended up buying a teknosha prodigy, and I love it.
Scott
Old 03-02-2011, 05:25 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
RedDodge is on a distinguished road

I'm next for this mod...the Dodge rep said a kit was coming out in March...but from what I've read...it's been "coming out" since November...lol....

For those interested the part number for the kit is 82212548 and will come with both interior color bezels. I'm guessing it's going to include the flash code for the dealers. My local dealer said the part number is good but it does show as not available yet.

If the kit isn't out by late March I'm going to just order the parts too.

Mods: Tinted front windows, UnderCover tonneau bed cover, step rails, bed mat, cabin air filter, 4 corner mud flaps, slush mats, drop in K&N filter.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
deepblue will become famous soon enough

I just got off the phone with my dealer and yes the kit is available but it is on backorder here in Houston and none of the stores locally have them. I also asked about the flash and they said they charge 109... And won't guarantee it unless they plug it in for you ;-). anyone else getting the flash done for free or less than 109 (they claim an hour labor).

FYI... For anyone interested, Huffines Dodge north of Dallas has two on the shelf.

Price was ~230.00

-cc
Old 03-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Crew Cab
Color: Brilliant Black Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Beamer11 is on a distinguished road

I was in for the HVAC update and the dealership updated my ITB as well that I installed back in April 2010. It now shows up on my EVIC.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Beamer11, i guessed that sooner or later when the dealer updates some software for one thing, another thing like the brake controller will be involved

in my case, no matter what the dealer tried, they couldn't get the FUEL SAVER light to show on my EVIC, then one day i took the Ram to the dealer when my Engine Light stayed on.
They found a code P0524 DTC, it was due to MDS oil pressure rationality, something was causing the sensor(s) to read a different motor oil was being used, instead of the 5W-20
they flashed both the PCM & TIPM, after finding 2 TSBs

when i drove my Ram after that, i had no more engine light on & i had the Fuel Saver Light working
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-17-2011, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
RedDodge is on a distinguished road

So the kit is out but the MSRP is $230???? Apparently there's nothing more in the kit than the module, both color bezels and the code for the flash..... I ordered the parts separately....you can get them on line for $112 as stated before. I'll get the code and have someone I know at Dodge flash the computer....

Just seems kind of silly that the kit is more than $100 more?

Mods: Tinted front windows, UnderCover tonneau bed cover, step rails, bed mat, cabin air filter, 4 corner mud flaps, slush mats, drop in K&N filter.