DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - SIGS - Special Interest Groups > Military

Notices

Military Special Interest Group for members of all branches of the military, active duty or retired. - Click the badge to the right to request membership>>

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:30
Spartan7G09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I agree with you for the most part. My Home Depot reference is ther because we wouldn't hear about any of this had he not been a military servicemember. If he was Joe Bagodonuts that worked at home depot, noone would even think to go to his boss. People suggesting throwing him under the bus with his CO or TOP is bs without knowing the full situation. If he worked for me, I'd make sure he was protected before I drove over him for a lack of spousal support. In my case, my ex tried to claim spousal abuse and the fact that I wasnt taking care of my son. I was able to show check stubs for support to my son and luckily both my CO and Shirt knew I was never capable of abuse. They basically told her to have a nice day. He was employed, so I owed her nothing. What I did owe was for my sons well being.
Swede, I think we weren't on quite the same page there, it's a little bit clearer (word?) to me now. I was saying that his spouse should go talk to his 1SG or CO. I didn't mean one of his fellow soldiers should go rat him out for that. That's a big no-no. But if his wife is an innocent victim in all of this, which nobody truly knows except her and her husband, then SHE needs to bring it to their attention, because it's a shame that someone could do that to their husband or wife. On the other hand, if she is NOT innocent in this (which I'm not implying), that will all come out too. That's the beauty of communication, JB (Joe Bagodonuts) will have a chance to explain his side of the story, and if she is wrong, that is when he can show this. The abuse thing is ridiculous, my ex tried to say I abused her and didn't support her either. I had proof as well, and the same thing happened.
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad
Rep:10
YardDog is on a distinguished road

She needs to go to the nearest JAG. She is intitled to at least part of his BAH.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
artyman is on a distinguished road
Default Everyone take a deep breath

Gents,

All of your answers can be found in AR 608-99, period. Having been a commander and unfortunately having dealt with these situations, this reg is your friend. Lots of mis-information out there, but generally, the Army doesn't want to get involved in civil matters, ie. divorces. The rule is the Solider must provide support or their share of support equivalent to the amount of her BAH. If this Soldier has children from a previous relationship, and he pays support, she wouldn't get full BAH, etc. However, there are exceptions. Including no support if she is living in gov't quarters, or a valid court order detailing what support must be paid, or a valid agreement between both parties, etc. Regardless, this Soldier's commander will only be able to do so much. I cannot dispense additional advice, but would point anyone to the reg.

Thanks,

Artyman