DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
bucholj is on a distinguished road
Question Opinions for a newbie please!

I am real new to this whole truck customizing and have been taking my time researching accessories/mods. I know everyone has different taste, but what are you honest opinions about this bull bar http://www.truckgeardirect.com/newlayout/bullbars.html I was thinking of getting the black Super Bull Bar and pairing it with a set of black cab sized Dominator II nerf/steps.
Thoughts?
Does truckgeardirect.com sell quality products?
I also have been thinking about some Iron Cross Nerf/Steps.
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

With the black bull bar, check out the n-fab steps/nerf bars. Personally I like your choice for the bar. Don't forget the mod report with pics.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-15-2011, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Rep:138
Bodydoc2002 will become famous soon enoughBodydoc2002 will become famous soon enough

Looks good...N-fab makes a nice nerf bar...So check into those also like Rootbeer said...I have them on my truck if you want pics let me know... Or just check them out here... http://www.n-fab.com/
2009 2WD Ram 1500. 7 inch CST Lift. 35 inch Mickey Thompson BAJA ATV. 20 inch ATX Artillery wheels. TOFF Spray in Bed liner. N-Fab 6 step Nerf Bars. BushWacker Pocket/Painted Fender Flairs. Diablosport Predator. K&N CAI 77 Series. 180 Thermostat. LED Tailgate lights.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:147
FormerGorilla will become famous soon enoughFormerGorilla will become famous soon enough

I have the Dominator II's in Black. Great bars! Got mine through AutoAnything at a pretty good price. Never dealt with TruckGearDirect, can't give an opinion there.
MODS LIST! -- 20% Tint, Curt Rec. Hitch, Slimline Toolbox, Huskyliner mats, Huskyliner Mud guards, 18" Gear Wheels, 33" Hankook ATM Tires, Bilstein 5100's at 1.4", Ported Foxbox w/2 10" Polk Subs & JL 500W Amp, Mufflex 24" Exhaust, Tow Hooks, Dominator II Step Bars, GatorHyde Spray-In Bedliner
Old 01-15-2011, 01:04 AM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

The Go-Rhino and N-Fab steps look almost the same haha. The Go-Rhino just have a little chrome/steel piece where you step onto.

The black bull bar would look alright with the black steps. I personally am not a fan of the bull bars but if you like them then it would look good with the black steps.

I have not heard of that site so I am not sure if they have quality stuff.
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 01-15-2011, 01:50 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:37
inkdemon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to inkdemon Send a message via Yahoo to inkdemon

Those look like the bull bar I installed on my Ram,I got chrome. Decent quality. If you do the install take your time and install brackets loosely then tighten up after all together. When I did mine bracket actually should have been like 1?4 longer. Reason I say that is as I tightened bolts they bend in a lil bit. But htey look good and have no issues with mine
Old 01-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:26
bucholj is on a distinguished road

I appreciate the replies! I'll do some research on the N-Fab bars. I was leaning towards the Dominator II's because of the special streetsideauto.com was running, with the coupon code I could get the black dominators for $285ish with free shipping. I just have no clue about the quality of some of these manufacturers.
I know I definitely am going with black, not just for the price. I live in a northern area with snow and I would obsess about the chrome all winter long. I imagine I would be out there every day wiping down the bars ensuring not a speck of rust would start.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:58 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram slt
Trim Level: slt
Color: bright white
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:306
five0addiction is a jewel in the roughfive0addiction is a jewel in the roughfive0addiction is a jewel in the roughfive0addiction is a jewel in the rough

i like it it will look good

MARTIN...THE YOUNG GUN
Old 01-15-2011, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Here's a buying tip. Most if not all sites will meet or beat the competitor's price.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-16-2011, 12:04 AM
erm

Truckgeardirect is easy to deal with. The Hunter bull bars are decent quality so you can't go wrong there, either.

The NFab products aren't bad..I have one of their light bars on my truck and it looks pretty good.