DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.2L V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-09-2011, 04:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 dodge ram 1500 318 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Club Cab
Color: white and black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
Safeativity is on a distinguished road
Default small mods

Hey everyone.

(First off, let me appoligaze for my spelling, its 1:30 am..)
I have a few questions about my throtal cable.

It has a little bit of slack, but not enough to tighten with a link, I was thinking about a throtal body spacer. Now to be at all honest, im not to sure about them. I looked at one at my local lordco and it was about 1/2 inch to 3/4 of an inch, that would be perfect to get rid of the slack on my line.

I know they are supposed to help with low end tourqe, but what are the pros and cons of them, any help would be nice, thank you.

and one more question about short ram cold air intakes, worth it? or should i go for a full cold air intake. The issue with a full cold air is that i do alot of mudding and a short ram would keep the filter high up enough as aposed to a full brining the filter down a bit.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Josh, It is never too late or too early to jump on the site for a few answerZ.

First let me wish you a warm Welcome and I hope you'll drop by the Newbie Checkin to introduce yourself. Post lots of PhotoZ and you'll keep us happy.

As for the TB and the slack in the cable, I'll leave that to someone who's done it. I have heard good and some - "well it didn't do a thing for me" here on the site. There are plenty of CAI that are at the top of the fender and should provide good fresh air while keeping you from suckin in too much mud. You could always cut the hood and mount one of those snorkels at the roof line.

Last edited by RedRam10; 04-09-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:01 PM
erm

I'd go with the short one so you can keep it up outta the mud, blood and beer.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 dodge ram 1500 318 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Club Cab
Color: white and black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
Safeativity is on a distinguished road

Alright, thanks guys. I do think I will go with the short ram cold air. And I do plan on putting a 2.5" - 3" cowl on my truck just to help with the air flow anyway. I think it will look pretty cool with a black cowl and a white hood. It will match the rest of the truck.

I will get pictures of what I have so far as soon as i find my camera. Hah, the lil bastard went and hid on me after the move.

and as for the TB spacer. I will look up some more info on it before i get it, thanks for your help guys!