DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
BRYFRY is on a distinguished road

I understand your frustration.

Don't know about the age of all the guys who've serviced my vehicles at the dealerships, but I do know that I have had very few good experiences at such places.

It is quite frustrating when you have a nice vehicle that you care about, go out of your way to take care of and baby, only to have people you expect to be profesionals screw it up at you time and expense.

I know everyone has to learn, but in my experience most of these guys just don't seem to give a flying crap. I've had so many stupid things happen like taking it in for a tire change and leaving with impropperly aired tires, damaged paint, grease all over my interior, and two stripped lugs that THEY ruined yet still charged ME for.

Or taking an hour and a half for an oil change, that was scheduled and they new I was waiting there the whole time. Or taking two weeks to say they fixed something only to find it wasn't even fixed at all....

I HATE taking my cars/trucks into any service/mechanic, 90% of the time they screw something up, and almost always overcharge. ....But hey, what else do you do? I don't have the knowlege or equipment to do most vehicle related work my self, so I don't have much choice ...and the service guys know this, that's why they can do such crappy work and know that in the end you'll still be back.
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2011, 08:24 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Was this at a dealership?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
Was this at a dealership?

My experiences were, yes.

I can't speak for the OP though.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 AM

RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYFRY View Post
My experiences were, yes.

I can't speak for the OP though.
Sounds like you need to do some shopping around then. Contrary to your opinion, things don't get screwed up 90% of the time. Ask people you trust who they use and have had good results and experiences with. You can also check with your local BBB to see if they have any complaints against them.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Sounds like you need to do some shopping around then. Contrary to your opinion, things don't get screwed up 90% of the time. Ask people you trust who they use and have had good results and experiences with. You can also check with your local BBB to see if they have any complaints against them.
I've delt with only 4 or 5 dealerships in my life, but they were all about the same. Right now I don't have much choice in the matter as there is only one Dodge dealer in my erea.

People I've spoken with pretty much have the same experiences as me, so maybe you are lucky and things are different where you live, but you can't really say or know how it is everywhere else. No offence.

As far as the BBB, from my understanding they cannot really be trusted either, at least according recent investigative findings the BBB gives high marks to those who pay, and low marks to those who don't. Not that it does me any good anyway since there is only the one dealership here.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM

Rest assured my dealership experiences are very different since I'm a technician in a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Ram dealership. I see things from this side of the fence but you're right about things not being the same everywhere. I can say from working in numerous shops over the years that independant shops are bad for hiring unskilled people and they're even worse for not offering any training. I hadn't heard that about the BBB. Do you have a link to a specific article; I'd love to read up on that.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Rest assured my dealership experiences are very different since I'm a technician in a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Ram dealership. I see things from this side of the fence but you're right about things not being the same everywhere. I can say from working in numerous shops over the years that independant shops are bad for hiring unskilled people and they're even worse for not offering any training. I hadn't heard that about the BBB. Do you have a link to a specific article; I'd love to read up on that.
Hey I don't doubt that you do good work, and I'm sure plenty of others do too. Maybe I just have bad luck or something, I try to be optomistic every time I take a vehicle in but I usually just get screwed.

I don't have a link for the BBB thing, but I just watched a recent investigative type show about it on TV. May have been Dateline or 60 Minutes. ...can't recal for sure.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:23 AM

I don't think I'd chalk it up to bad luck. Not all dealerships are created equal and some don't train tech like Chrysler wants them to. Fortunately, ours does and I spent over 100 hours in training (live and online) last year.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Green
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:139
94ram1500 will become famous soon enough94ram1500 will become famous soon enough

I have to agree with Ram Tech, not all dealerships are the same. Mind you I don't work at a Chrysler/ Dodge dealer but it's the same with all makes. You have those that don't offer training. Some manufacturers offer incentives to dealers that promote training.

The automotive industry has had a bad rap for many years and there are those of us that try our best to change that, Unfortunately there are those that are only there to take the $$$ they can get and not care at all. Sorry you have had poor experinces, not all Techs are like that