DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 4X4 and 2003 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue the other is mineral grey
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:144
Ram4me will become famous soon enoughRam4me will become famous soon enough
Default Winter Adventures.

As I was cruising ,well more like lollygagging, the interweb, I had the brain wave to check the weather report and it said "Snowfall Warning! 5-10cm of snow expected overnight and into saturday. "Yes!", I thought to myself, "We could sure use the moisture." For some reason I never clued in that it also meant that my husband would have to work this weekend. You see he worked last weekend and I really have not seen him much in the last couple of weeks but this never crossed my mind. Shoveling this gift from God didn't cross my mind either.

On Saturday I woke up to a foot deep blanket of snow. So bright and fluffy and beautiful. It really was a marvel. My husband was already gone to work, the dog had already gone out to do her business, and I was in an ambitious mood. I put on my boots, coat, touque, mittens, and stepped outside. I took a deep breath of the crisp fresh air and instantly choked. I should have checked the weather report. It was a bone chilling -33C or about -27.4F. I got brain freeze like when you try to drink a slurpee way too fast. All I wanted to do was hightail it right back inside and curl up on the sofa with the dog and watch movies all day, but I thought to myself, "You are already dressed up in all your winter gear, just grab the shovel and just give'er"

I grabbed the shovel and started by clearing the porch. I then moved on to the walk and into the driveway. My fingers gone numb and my toes had long since gone numb... Some -45C rated boots those are. I was panting like a dog in July and my face and throat just burned and I had just started the drive.

I swept off my truck and pushed a path along the side of my truck and threw the snow up onto the lawn at the front of the drive. Then I pushed it towards the snowbank on the side of the truck that my husbands truck usually sits. With a mighty heave I tossed the snow up on top of the snowbank. The exhertion was making me feel like what I imagine an eighty year old woman feels like. The snow fought back. Everytime I tossed it over the snow bank, some more fluffy with snow would come sliding back down the snowbank to land at my feet. Grumbling I carried on.

Once I got that side of the truck cleared off I moved my truck over and did the other side. Thank God it was not so bad. My truck had effectively stopped the accumulation where it was sitting. An hour later I was admiring my handywork, no longer caring that I could not feel any extremity when the snow started again.

I went into the house to work on the drywall project that is currently underway and realized that now I had to make a trip out to the shed. No one had been out to hte shed since before the snow started in the fall. Cursing, I looked over my shoulder at the dog all curled up on the sofa mocking me. The light bulb in my head lit up and I decided that if I had to go outside so did she.

I put my boots, coat, touque, and mittens on again as well as the dog's boots and we stepped outside. I grabbed the shovel and stepped around the porch to begin the task of getting to the shed. After two shovelfuls of snow I gave up. I told the dog to go to her fence and away she went. With each hop she came out of the snow landing almost invisibly in front of where she took off. The snow is deeper than she is tall. Shovel in hand I followed the path the dog made into the back yard. The snow was deeper than the height of the deck and the dog was now lost. Finally I made it to the shed. I dug out just enough snow to open the door just enough for me to squeeze in. The dog was forgotten. I grabbed what I needed and began the track back to the house. As I turned the corner of the porch there was the dog on the porch waiting for me to open the door. I put the shovel back in the snowbank and looked towards the drive. You would never have guessed that I had shoveled it that morning so I do a quick clean up.

I open the door and in the dog goes. She didn't even wait for me to get her boots off before she was back on the sofa. Now I had a mess to clean up... stupid dog. I get that done and go on with my day.

That night, when my husband got home he walks in the door and says "I thought you were going to shovel the drive today." I could have killed him.

Right before bed that night night, I get on the computer and I check my email. Out of curiousity I check the weather report and it said "Snowfall warning another 10-20cm expected by Sunday morning."...
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 AM
erm

ROTFL!!! Great story, Jen!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:40 AM

This is what I woke up to this morning... Thank God the snow bank is now higher than my shoulders and I can't really shovel anymore without risk of hurting myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snowsm.jpg (20.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-17-2011, 11:50 AM
erm

I wouldn't worry about it much...it will melt eventually...LOL
Old 01-17-2011, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Great story. Thanks for sharing it. That pic is exactly what comes to mind when I think of Canada in the winter.

I've lived in places in the US that are that bad or worse though.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-17-2011, 04:16 PM

That was only the third day straight and the lesser of the three... I have still not gone out to shovel...
Old 01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold

I've said it before, you folks up north are tougher than I am. No way do I want to have to deal with your amounts of snow. Love to see it, love to visit it but no way do I want to live with it.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis
Old 01-17-2011, 07:03 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

Nice story!
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crewcab 1500
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Email: Chili1k@att.net
Rep:1092
Chili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud of

Pretty funny Jen.. thanks..
Old 01-17-2011, 08:29 PM

My husband at work today. He plowed that road yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow2.jpg (26.1 KB, 1 views)