DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:138
Bodydoc2002 will become famous soon enoughBodydoc2002 will become famous soon enough
Default DSP installed....

Ok I updated the DSP and installed the 93 octane tune. I took the truck for a drive and it was marginal better. Noticed a difference but not a lot. So then I went back in to change somethings. I turned MDS off, Speedlimit to 190, Throttle response up 15%, Tire size inputed...All went in without a problem and I noticed even more of a difference...Over all i'm pretty happy with the 1st couple drives and I'm going to take it out again here in a bit. This is my question to Maddog and others....

Right after I inputed the 93 octane tune the only thing I could change was tire size. I couldn't find any where to change the other adjustments that I made later (MDS/Throttle etc.) The only place I could find to change these appeared to be under the orginal stock tune. Once they were changed it appeared to just rewrite the stock tune with these adjustments. SO now i'm not sure if I have the 93 tune with these adjustments or the orginal with these adjustments. It wasnt quit clear as to what happen... I'm happy with it so far...Just trying to understand what I really did here...
2009 2WD Ram 1500. 7 inch CST Lift. 35 inch Mickey Thompson BAJA ATV. 20 inch ATX Artillery wheels. TOFF Spray in Bed liner. N-Fab 6 step Nerf Bars. BushWacker Pocket/Painted Fender Flairs. Diablosport Predator. K&N CAI 77 Series. 180 Thermostat. LED Tailgate lights.
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

What you did is modify the 93 tune after you loaded it. You cannot modify a canned tune (some call it the base tune) until you load it on the vehicle. The tool has to read the VIN, the PCM and then load with a base configuration first.

The next step, which is what you did, is to Modify A Tune. This is where you really get into the parameters that you can adjust once the base tune is loaded.

In this case, what I would do is return to stock, unplug the tool and turn off the key. Then plug it in, turn on your key, let the tool boot up and reload your 93 tune. Once that is done, unplug the tool, turn off the key, then turn it back on and start the truck.

Then, turn off the truck, plug in the tool, turn the key back on, let the tool boot up then choose Performance Tunes > Diablo Tunes > Perf CAI 93 Oct > Modify Tune > Modify Parameters >

From there you can scroll up and down the available parameters and change settings as you please.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:53 PM

Bodydoc2002 will become famous soon enoughBodydoc2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Thanks!

Thanks Maddog! That made a difference...Can't wait to add the Exhuast in May/June now then Dyno! Reps for the help!
2009 2WD Ram 1500. 7 inch CST Lift. 35 inch Mickey Thompson BAJA ATV. 20 inch ATX Artillery wheels. TOFF Spray in Bed liner. N-Fab 6 step Nerf Bars. BushWacker Pocket/Painted Fender Flairs. Diablosport Predator. K&N CAI 77 Series. 180 Thermostat. LED Tailgate lights.

Last edited by Bodydoc2002; 01-26-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spell error
Old 01-26-2011, 11:26 PM

Default Maddog

Gave you props over at the DSP website also...Not saying you NEED a part time job...but they should interview you atleast...