Hi Everyone, new to the forums. Great site! I bought a 2007 4.7L 4x4 Ram last week with 82k miles for $13,000. So far, I've changed the oil, oil filter, spark plugs(surprisingly easy), and air filter. My next items to replace are the front differntial fluid, drop the tranny pan, change the filters, refill, change the tranfer case fluid, and then finally want to change the rear differential fluid. I have a few questions. Sorry for all the questions, so I'll at least try an organize them.
Transmission: I don't plan on doing a flush. I just want to drop the pan, change the filters, clean magnet, and refill. I'll be refilling with Mopar ATF+4.
1. I'm assuming a little less than half the fluid is changed. Can I expect about 7-8 quarts to be changed?
2. What is the torque spec for the bolts when I re-install them?
3. I was planning on using Mopar ATV for the gasket, but I really don't like the idea of using RTV. The Mopar ATV doesn't even give instructions on the cure time! AdvancedAuto has a rubber gasket, but not sure if I trust that either. Any suggestions? Where can I get a reliable gasket? If I need to go with RTV, what brand do you recommend? I see Permatex has a "Automatic Transmission RTV Gasket Maker.
Seems pretty straight forward. I plan on refilling with Mopar ATF+4. I think 2 quarts should suffice. For the drain and refill bolts, I just plan on securing snuggly.
1. Can I use any synthetic high quality 75w-90 lubricant? I'm thinking of using Mobil 1 Syn Gear Lube
2. How much 75w-90 lubricant do I need to buy? (volume amount)
3. What is the torqe spec for the bolts? A youtube video says it's 16.5ft-lbs. Is this correct?
4. I plan on using Permatex Ultra Black for the gasket. Is this ok or should I use the Permatec High-Temp Red?
I don't know if I have the LSD, so I guess I'll have the dealer pull my VIN number and tell me.
1. For now I'm going to assume I have a LSD. Can I use this fluid? Mobil 1 Syn Gear Lube LS 75W-140
2. If I use the Mobil 1 gear lube, do I still need to add additive(40oz)?
3. How much 75w-140 lubricant do I need to buy? (volume amount)
4. What is the torque spec for the bolts? A youtube video says it's 30 ft-lbs. Is this correct?
5. Again, I'm not sure what type of Permatex gasket I should use. Suggestions please.
Thanks everyone! Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make sure I get it right, especially the transmission pan drop.
Thanks...I'm SO CONFUSED!