DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Crew/Sport w/HEMI
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
smartel is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust Leak at Manifold

Started hearing a tick from under the hood when cold starting. The tick was pretty loud but went away once the motor warmed up. Took it to the dealer and they said it was one of the bolts on the passenger side manifold that had broken. They had to order the new gasket and bolt. Should be in by Monday.
The service Manager says he's seen this in a few Rams lately. Just figured I'd pass on what I found out.

Also, my drivers side floor mat had a hole in it by the time I had my truck 5 months. THEY WONT COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY. They said its from wear and tear. Funny, I had my 05 Ram for 4 years with the same style mats and the same feet I have now and they never tore or wore out. Go Figure!
09 Crew Cab Sport, HEMI, Line-X spray in liner, 4.10's with limited slip, Diablosport Predator, K&N Filter, Mufflex/Magnaflow 24" muffler--best 1/4 mile 14.200 @ 95.76 mph (with 4.10's and no tuner)---Modding is far from complete!
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2010, 01:47 PM
erm

At least they are taking care of the manifold bolt.

They have de-contented and dropped the quality on a few accessory items over the past few years because of cost...and they went broke anyway...

If it was the carpet, they would replace it. You might have to argue with them a bit on that but in the end, they'd do it.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:56 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1845
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Call Chrysler customer seervice. The warranty is bumper to bumper for 3/36.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: 2oo9 standard cab 4~4 1500 ram
Trim Level: plain
Color: pearl black
Rep:10
eltoro2 is on a distinguished road

guess it is called the hemmi tick . mine does the same thing am going to dealer tomorrow and get it fixed i hope
Old 04-23-2010, 10:34 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

The manifold bolt issue is a RRT for some trucks. So they should know about it.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:59 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Rep:1845
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

SUBJECT: RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL / SERVICE ACTION #10-009

Engine Ticking Sound In Cold Temperatures

INVOLVED VEHICLES:
2009 (DC) Ram Truck (3500 Chassis Cab) (Includes International Markets)

2009 (DH) Ram Truck (1500/2500 Pick Up) (Includes International Markets)
2009 (DS) Ram Truck (1500) (Includes International Markets)
2009 (DX) Ram Truck (Mexico) (Includes International Markets)

NOTE: This Service Action affects both sold and unsold vehicles.

DISCUSSION:
A number of models built before August 14, 2009 (MDH 0814XX) equipped with a 5.7L
engine (Sales code EZC or EZD or EZH) may have been built with an engine that may
emit a ticking sound heard at start-up in cold ambient temperatures. This sound could
be less noticeable as the engine warms to normal operating temperature. This condition may be caused by broken or loose manifold bolts for cylinders # 7 and # 8.
Dealers are required to replace both sets of exhaust manifold bolts for cylinders # 7 and # 8 with new stainless steel higher strength bolts.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Pearl Orange
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Firehawk09 is on a distinguished road
Question

Sorry to revive an old thread, but i just started hearing a tick when I start up the engine in the mornings or after it's cooled down. It's coming from the passenger side and I found this looking for a possible explanation and what to do. Just called the dodge dealer and said I'm out of my warranty period and it is not covered. My question is if it was a problem they were aware of, why would they not cover it??
Old 04-29-2014, 08:55 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 2WD
Trim Level: slt- lonestar
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
BULLRAM will become famous soon enough

Firehawk.......if you are the original owner of the 2009, you have a lifetime warranty on the powertrain like i do, it is covered for life....just had mine done for free...it was and is a sweet deal, still
Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 RAM Outdoorsman Crew Cab
Color: White over Grey
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
mvfc14 is on a distinguished road
Default Manifold Leak

I have the same problem with my truck, and now that I think about it, I had the same problem with my '09 Hemi. I just didn't realize it then. Anyway, I called today for service and Summit Dodge in Syracuse, NY stated the manifold, gasket and bolts are all covered under the powertrain warranty. The kicker...extracting the bolts out of the block is not covered and I will have to pay for the labor for extracting them and re-tapping the block. Not happy that I have to pay for any of it but at least the manifold gaskets and bolts are covered. I have not heard of a recall but it sounds like there are a lot of problems with this. Maybe it is something Ram needs to consider paying for since it seems to be a problem across the board. They will be hearing from me about this.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvfc14 View Post
I have the same problem with my truck, and now that I think about it, I had the same problem with my '09 Hemi. I just didn't realize it then. Anyway, I called today for service and Summit Dodge in Syracuse, NY stated the manifold, gasket and bolts are all covered under the powertrain warranty. The kicker...extracting the bolts out of the block is not covered and I will have to pay for the labor for extracting them and re-tapping the block. Not happy that I have to pay for any of it but at least the manifold gaskets and bolts are covered. I have not heard of a recall but it sounds like there are a lot of problems with this. Maybe it is something Ram needs to consider paying for since it seems to be a problem across the board. They will be hearing from me about this.

Bullcrap (not you, your dealer). I just had (two days ago) my passenger-side manifold replaced as the bolts broke and it was cracked. My truck has 120K on it, but it's covered under my Max Care Warranty with a small deductible. They had to extract FOUR broken bolts out of the block and it was covered. Your dealer is giving you a runaround - find another dealer.

The manifold failed, plain and simple. Not your fault or responsibility because the bolts are rusted and broken.