Just some small issues, some are just a bit of a 'rant' that I know can't really be fixed, but on the actual issues, who has had the same thing and what did it take to get fixed?
1. something in the dash, sounds like a damper for the air ducts clicking for long periods of time when the settings on both dials is set to "auto". If I move the dial for where the air blows out to any other position the clicking goes away. Sounds like an actuator that's bottomed out but not shutting off?
2. maybe more of a rant, but the fan for the air is just LOUD all the time. Sounds almost like it's on recirculate when it's not set to recirculate. When I actually press the recirc button the fan/air noise actually is less audible.
3. Squeaking from something in the engine compartment at idle. Can't hear it in the cab though. Really doesn't sound like it's coming from the belt...
4. vibration/shaking of the truck at idle about half the time when I pull up to stop. Does it in park and neutral as well. Almost feels like the engine is out of time. Revving the engine some doesn't clear it up, it goes back to shaking as soon as the idle drops back to 600ish. Doesn't seem to run rough any other time.
5. Back up camera, washed the truck the other day, by hand at the car wash. NOT high pressure at all compared to what I'd like, but afterwords the display was totally jacked when I'd put it into reverse, flashing red and green lines and squiggles. *this issue cleared up after a while. Only has done it once so far but if it did it once, will it do it again, or will it even correct itself next time?
Sometimes the rear camera takes a looong time to come on. I get in, start the engine, put foot on brake, pull into reverse and the "driver warning" won't go off of the screen sometimes.
Rant: The backup camera from dodge needs some sort of distance markers on the display. The fish eye lens they use makes 5 feet look like 50 feet!
6. This is just a rant: The navigation on the factory system is awful. I thought my garmin was bad but at least it is really easy to "read", does a MUCH better job when searching for things near to your location, easier to understand the map, turns, directions, and so on. I also really liked how the garmin tells you your speed right on the display and often gives the speed limit for the road you are on. Nice to be able to double check if your speedometer if off some.
7. My truck has the "ram boxes" on the sides of the bed. They are really cool, but they also LEAK water into them pretty badly. Also the metal on the lid itself is coming off! I have to press it back on tight with my hands frequently. I don't know if that metal is just glued onto plastic or if it's supposed to be clipped on or what but I'm a little afraid that if they get too loose they may just pop clean off while driving down the highway!
8. 12 MPG. Seriously??? That was "hand calculated" not what the computer was giving me for a trip average. I drive it like an old man most of the time because I can't afford for it to get any worse! That 12 MPG included a 130 mile round trip on the highway too. I traded a 3/4 ton GMC with the 6.0 because it was getting this kind of fuel economy for this???
I think this is all, right now... Most of these items are minor and some only do it part of the time, so I see the writing on the wall if I try to take it into the dealer to have it looked at. The problems wont appear for them and they won't be able to do anything (the shaking at idle, squeaking, and the damper motor clicking).
*I should add that my truck has about 26,000 miles.