DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 RAM
Trim Level: SLT
Color: SPARKLY WHITE
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:431
bransonshemi is just really nicebransonshemi is just really nicebransonshemi is just really nicebransonshemi is just really nicebransonshemi is just really nice
Default WTH, ok check this crap out

so my truck has been in the shop for the past few days, i hydolocked it while out wheeling, it bogged down, we pulled the plugs blah blah blah.....it ran, drove it home, next day it wouldnt start..............

Tacoma dodge just called me back, telling me that they did a compression test and the compressison is all over the place, most likely meaning the rods are bent to shit..........I DIDNT hear a damn thing knocking.....and he said that my extended warranty most likely wont cover this since it was a outside source that killed the motor, and the best bet is to pay the 500 dollar deductable and have the insurance guys come out.......WTF..

So what the hell am i supposed to do. if i had the money for a new motor i would buy a damn hemi. why do warranty places have to be so shady

If I CARED ABOUT GAS MILEAGE I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A KIA
Branson
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport- Off Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1930
wermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant futurewermbang has a brilliant future

I seen on another forum guy was out driving on an off beat road, went through a puddle (had just rained) and the insurance covered the new engine. The dealer could not find a replacement hemi, and neither could the insurance company for awhile. dealer called him only engine by them was a 392. But they will most likely look for the 4.7
Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Like Luke said, maybe the insurance company will cover it.

As for the warranty not covering it, I'll be that if you read your warranty there are clauses in it that say they don't cover things damaged as a result of abuse. Off-roading IS abuse.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM

bransonshemi is just really nicebransonshemi is just really nicebransonshemi is just really nicebransonshemi is just really nicebransonshemi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
Like Luke said, maybe the insurance company will cover it.

As for the warranty not covering it, I'll be that if you read your warranty there are clauses in it that say they don't cover things damaged as a result of abuse. Off-roading IS abuse.
i never told them that i was off roading, i was simply driving down a road that had a water hole, hit it, truck bogged down.....bla bla bla

Branson
Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM

RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Techs aren't blind nor stupid. They can see how the vehicle was used and what caused the malfunction.

More often than not they will try to figure out a way to get the warranty to pay for something. But sometimes their hands are tied because its just to obvious for them to hide.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-19-2011, 03:25 PM

oh i know i know. the insurance people are going out there to take a look at it.

Branson
Old 01-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Did you ask them how much it would cost to pull the pan and replace just the bent rods?

Just a thought.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM
The official Z night owl

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 SLT C.C.
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:946
Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

I agree with RB. I bet the tech's took one look at your truck and could tell this wasn't an accident. Hopefully ins. cover's it.

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
Did you ask them how much it would cost to pull the pan and replace just the bent rods?

Just a thought.
no i didnt, im going to go up there and talk to them in a min.

Branson
Old 01-21-2011, 11:10 PM

ok, so im pretty sure ins. is going to cover the repairs, they came out wrote up a full estimate and on my usaa account online they wrote it up the claim type as flood loss. and the full list of replacement parts and a total of 4,459. so i doubt they would do all of this work if they were not going to cover it.....right

Branson