DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of
Default Trying to find info on my truck

I just bought my 2010 ram 1500 quad cab slt, they said it came with a "chrome package" and a tow package. The didn't have much else to say about these. The truck seems to have alot of chrome, how can I find out exactly what my truck is equipped with, like what rear axle ratio? Also I need to pull a trailer this weekend and noticed this "tow package" doesn't have a reciever!!! I am going to buy a class 4 receiver offline but don't know what my trucks capabilities are. It is a 4.7L. It does have the light hookups, but does it have the new auxiliary trailer brake hookup? and does it have a transmission cooler? I've been searching but can't find definite answers. thanks in advance!!!

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2011, 01:17 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: brillian black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:75
PorkChop will become famous soon enough

well first off to get a list, bring your truck to the dealer and they will scan your vin, they can give you a print out of everything it is equiped with. as for lights, its law that your trailer needs working signal, stop, running and hazard lights
Old 01-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

drive to your Dodge dealership, take your registration with you, they will need the VIN#, if they are not to busy, they will print out your vehicles BUILD SHEET, otherwise you can call or email Chrysler & they can email, Fax or snail mail you the same Build Sheet
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-26-2011, 01:24 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Thanks! didn't realize I could do that. What about towing capacities? Will that sheet give those specifications? I've searched this site and google and can't find definite answers. I would have thought the truck would come with a hitch receiver, but it doesn't.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

It will only tell you what the Ram came with, the rest the Parts Persons can look up

I suggest that you do what i did, there was a guy behind me at the counter, being as i was not there to buy anything, just needed info, i let him go first.
i think that that gesture made points with the Parts guy & he was more than willing to help me, he now even remembers me when i walk in for anything
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Go to http://ramtrucks.com and click on "body builder's guide" when you get your build sheet and it will give you your towing capability based on how your truck is configured.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 PM

I called the dealer and the guy told me the build sheet is just the window sticker, is this right? I am going saturday morning because they are going to fix the broken cup holder latch, I will try to get this other info as well. I tried that "body builder" guide but it didn't work, and I still can't figure out the capacities. I just ordered a class 4 hitch online, i think it was a curt, seemed like a nice piece, hopefully it actually bolts up!

Old 01-26-2011, 07:09 PM
erm

That is not correct. The dealer can print you a list. I've never understood why they are reluctant to do this.

Here, go to this link, input the info and get your build sheet:

Build Sheet
Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 PM

Finally got the body builder link to work, seems it wouldn't work in google chrome but it worked with firefox. I don't know what gears I have or what tires but it looks like I'm somewhere around 7000lb, I'm very happy with that for a 4.7!

Old 01-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

the build sheet is exactly what it sounds like, it is 2 or 3 full pages long, small print

the window sticker doesn't even come close to being a build sheet

i bet if your Ram came with a tow package, the receiver was suppose to be on it, not the hitch, but, the part that you slide the hitch into
it should look like this, IF it had the tow package, look under the license plate, if it didn't have that & you bought the Ram with a tow package, i hope they used plenty of Vaseline, because you are being shafted