DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
bucholj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones06 View Post
We got the front drivers side installed last night, but did not have time to do the passenger side. Hoping we get time to finish today, it was a horrible experience getting the old strut out. The bolt on top was seized, and the rod on the old strut snapped at the top. We had to heat the nut several times and it finally came off. I'll try and get a pic up of the drivers side, if I can find a clear spot with all this damn snow.
Bones, were you able to finish up? or did you run into more problems?
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn QC
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:92
bones06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucholj View Post
Bones, were you able to finish up? or did you run into more problems?
We are going to do the other side tomorrow afternoon, we have been too busy to get it done. Hopefully this one goes easier than the other one.

Magnaflow SI/SO Smoked stainless tip, Anzo LED Lightbar, Spectre Profab #9932 CAI. Euro Dezigns Xenon Krypton 8500k, Stampede Pocket Style Fender Flares, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, VHT Niteshaded Tail Lights and 3rd Brake Light, 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers MT/XD Spy Wheels
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SLT 4X4
Trim Level: SLT 4X4
Color: Red
Rep:10
ramrat is on a distinguished road

Can't wait bones06... when are you throwing on the Cooper LTZ's?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:44 AM

Default Pics of the finished level

Finally was able to get the front done and the ride is wayyyyyy better. I am not so sure it is completely level though. It's hard to tell because the ground is so unlevel and packed with snow/ice. I found a clear piece of pavement down the street and snappped a few quick pics. We also found a tear on the tie-rod bushing, and the one side of the a-arm would not come free. My buddy thinks that is damaged and is the cause of the creaking we are still hearing. Calling the dealership today, and am waiting on doing the realignment since they may have to do it anyway. Here are the pics, does it look level to you?

Before

After

Magnaflow SI/SO Smoked stainless tip, Anzo LED Lightbar, Spectre Profab #9932 CAI. Euro Dezigns Xenon Krypton 8500k, Stampede Pocket Style Fender Flares, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, VHT Niteshaded Tail Lights and 3rd Brake Light, 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers MT/XD Spy Wheels
Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrat View Post
Can't wait bones06... when are you throwing on the Cooper LTZ's?
Not sure when I will be able to do the tires, we are spending alot of money on home upgrades in the next few months. If not this spring maybe by next fall/winter, the stock ones are garbage so I can't wait!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:11 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Truck looks good! That's about how mine looked, it wasn't perfectly level.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones06 View Post
Well I haven't done any mods since last fall and finally started step 2 of my 3 part project. I just ordered all 4 Bilstein 5100 shocks and went with the adjustable fronts to level out my truck. Got all 4 for $341.00 plus free shipping. They should be here sometime next week, and hopefully go on next weekend. After these are on I am going to look very seriously at which tires I want as the final step, thinking of Cooper Zeon LTZ in stock size(275/60/20). Depending on how good the fleet discount is at my wifes company, I may consider other suggested brands. I am freaking stoked about the new Bilstein, my current stock shocks suck and are pretty darn bouncy.
Just wanted to add my input, nice mods. Except the suspension, the 5100 series is just like the HD series, just different colors, ask the company. Also, the 5100 series does not come with a warranty, the HD series holds a lifetime warranty.

I just got the cooper zeons ltz on my ram, same size as you want. Check out my February mods, I just got the tires. They are sweet.

For me, I plan on upgrading to Bilstein shocks, but HD shocks so I can have a warranty.
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI

Last edited by sullivan; 02-14-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
bucholj is on a distinguished road

Awesome picks!!! It looks very close to being level to me. I think the rear wheel wells not being lined, with that extra chunk of white showing, might make it look higher in the rear than it actually is. Did you set the front at the highest setting? If you could do it again would you pay to have them put on?
Old 02-15-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan View Post
Just wanted to add my input, nice mods. Except the suspension, the 5100 series is just like the HD series, just different colors, ask the company. Also, the 5100 series does not come with a warranty, the HD series holds a lifetime warranty.

I just got the cooper zeons ltz on my ram, same size as you want. Check out my February mods, I just got the tires. They are sweet.

For me, I plan on upgrading to Bilstein shocks, but HD shocks so I can have a warranty.
I'll have to find it again, but I read that they are limited lifetime warranty. I went with the 5100 for the adjustable fronts, and the heavy duty are not adjustable. I will have to check out your tire thread, I definitely need some better gripping tires than my stock ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucholj View Post
Awesome picks!!! It looks very close to being level to me. I think the rear wheel wells not being lined, with that extra chunk of white showing, might make it look higher in the rear than it actually is. Did you set the front at the highest setting? If you could do it again would you pay to have them put on?
Thanks man, I am thinking the same thing as you with the wheel well differences. I also think it has to do with the shape difference of the front flares vs the back. I did set the fronts struts at the highest setting. Either way I am totally happy with the ride and height of the truck, they take bumps and corners so much nicer. If I was to do it over again, I would just pay to have them installed, it was a bitch to do. But I know not everyone has the extra cash to pay for install. If there wouldn't have been issues with the bolts being seized, a snapped tip on the one old strut, and the way we did the first front one it would have been much easier.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Slicker View Post
Truck looks good! That's about how mine looked, it wasn't perfectly level.
Thanks man, I am happy with it for sure!