DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

I went to Chuxtrux today and they told me some bad news.I can't raise my front end anymore because then they wont beable to align it anymore.It is at its limit now. So I guess I will just paint my flares lol.
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
I went to Chuxtrux today and they told me some bad news.I can't raise my front end anymore because then they wont beable to align it anymore.It is at its limit now. So I guess I will just paint my flares lol.
Man, that sucks! Sorry if this has already been covered, but you're not doing the 3" body lift anymore?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Well thats ok.Ya now the 3" body is in the works lol.I was just trying to lift the front more and then I would have just left it alone.Well sence that shot me down I will be putting a 3" body lift on it.I will have to wait till my wife is out of the Nursing program in oct.Then we are buying a house bigger then we have now and I will be getting a house with at least an 8' door so I can get my truck in the guarage .
Old 02-01-2011, 04:28 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Okay, gotcha. Since you can't raise the front anymore, have you thought about getting the 3" rear kit instead of the 5", then the 3" body lift? Just an idea, might help with the rake.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:30 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
SUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
Well thats ok.Ya now the 3" body is in the works lol.I was just trying to lift the front more and then I would have just left it alone.Well sence that shot me down I will be putting a 3" body lift on it.I will have to wait till my wife is out of the Nursing program in oct.Then we are buying a house bigger then we have now and I will be getting a house with at least an 8' door so I can get my truck in the guarage .
I would take what they said with a grain of salt. I am not saying they are wrong and that I am right but I would not give up. I would still get the bilstein 5100's (ride height adjustable) if I were you and set them at the height you have now. The ride will be better. I would also start adjusting them upward one .25" at a time. Even if you only go up .5" that is still an increase from where you are now. Plus you won't actually know until you try. Just my opinion. I am more into suspension so I would try that before doing the body lift (your truck will look better with the bilsteins/shocks than the body lift and no bilstiens because your tires are gonna look much smaller and I know as a lifted truck guy that will start to bug you in no time!)
Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Noway am I dropping my truck in anyway lol.I like the way it sets I just want a little more clearence in the front.I will try the 1500's in March thanks guys for your help. I like the way the truck sets right now.I am just a little anal when it comes to my trucks/bikes lol.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:19 PM
erm

I think that is a good plan. Stick with the suspension setup you have and just give it a body lift.

But when are you gonna install the drop down ladder to you can get up in it?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Alright cool so I will take a look at the Fox or King coilover kits. I think that would be the better way to go since it looks much better. I would also get a good ride out of it.

Yea the bags was just an idea I was throwing out there. I think that truck looks sweet in the pics. You can tell he spent the coin to make it look really good. I am just going to make it work and make it look good. I agree and I think going with a leaf pack might be the better route here. If I added the bags in the rear it would only be for 1" of lift to make it level.

Thanks for all the help man. I am going to look at the Fox coilovers right now. I am going to spend a pretty penny for them but I think it will be worth it. At least I can sell my Bilsteins to someone haha.
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
I think that is a good plan. Stick with the suspension setup you have and just give it a body lift.

But when are you gonna install the drop down ladder to you can get up in it?
Ya i am leaning towards the 3" body.My truck rides really well right now and if I did level it out when I tow something heavy it will be nose high.

lol ya my wife don't want me to do anything else to my truck.If I do go with a 3" body there is noway she or my kids can get in it by them selves haha.It is hard for them the way it sets now.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:13 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

If you keep crankin your suspension your ride is going to be crap man. Do what I'm doin and get a body lift.
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights