DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Trust me I am not doing anything else to my suspension .
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Haha ya good idea man. I hope you go with a 3" body lift I want to see how it looks. I have been looking and now I really want to do it. I am already ordering my 38" tires hopefully tomorrow. I just have to figure out which body lift I am going to use.

Too bad your far away, would be cool to meet up and do a cruise with our trucks. We got some big trucks that will be even bigger soon enough!!
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Ya I know that would be awesome!!! Maybe sometime we could meet up and do that . When i get the 3" body is the question.It wont be till after wifey gets her RN in Oct.I am painting my flares in March.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Scatpak07 what gears do you have?How wide are you going with the 38's?The reason why i asked is because my dealer told me if I were to change out my gears then my power trane warranty would be void.So I guess i am going to leave my gears i have in it.They told me if anything went wrong with my gears or transmission it would be covered right now.My truck does fine so I am leaving the gears in it.

Last edited by BigHorn 4 Life; 02-03-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 PM

ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

I just ordered my 3" body lift today and a set of 40x14.5x20 BFG KM2 tires. These tires seemed like they will be perfect for me since they are good on road. Really I had them as my only choice really since my shop got the best deal on them haha. Anyways I should have it all on next week or the week after!

Hey Big Horn, yea would be cool to do something like that!! Maybe set up a meet with some other guys in the summer and I'll drive out or soething. Make a pretty cool weekend out of it, maybe I'll bring my gf or something to stay out there.

I have the 3.92 gears in my truck so I have some room for playing. I think I will most likely upgrade them to some 4.56 gears. I will test it out and see how the truck drives with the stock gears and go from there. I have to see how the stock brakes hold up as well haha, might go with some Willwoods or something
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 02-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2005 qc 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:11
05akram is on a distinguished road

DANG!!! Thats big Scat. that thing should look BAD. I only wonder how the axles are going to hold up..I would think with 40's 4.88 gears would be better moving all that weight around and would be easier on the drivetrain.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPak07 View Post
I just ordered my 3" body lift today and a set of 40x14.5x20 BFG KM2 tires. These tires seemed like they will be perfect for me since they are good on road. Really I had them as my only choice really since my shop got the best deal on them haha. Anyways I should have it all on next week or the week after!

Hey Big Horn, yea would be cool to do something like that!! Maybe set up a meet with some other guys in the summer and I'll drive out or soething. Make a pretty cool weekend out of it, maybe I'll bring my gf or something to stay out there.

I have the 3.92 gears in my truck so I have some room for playing. I think I will most likely upgrade them to some 4.56 gears. I will test it out and see how the truck drives with the stock gears and go from there. I have to see how the stock brakes hold up as well haha, might go with some Willwoods or something
Wow 40x14.50's that thing will look awesome bro!!! I can't wait to see it!! Ya i would have to agree with 05akram 4.88's would be a lot better for that size of tire.I am going to call my dealer today and talk to the service manager about changing my rear out.I don't think the yahoo I talked to last week knows for sure if and when I do change the rear out that it will void my warranty on my powertrain.Can't wait to see pics of your truck bro!! It will just make me want a 3" body more and more lol.

That would be awesome if we could get a bunch of people together and have a road trip and meet up .I wont beable to do it this year but next year I will beable to.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05akram View Post
DANG!!! Thats big Scat. that thing should look BAD. I only wonder how the axles are going to hold up..I would think with 40's 4.88 gears would be better moving all that weight around and would be easier on the drivetrain.
Hmmm.... ya I will see what my guys say about it. They will do the calcs and everything to see which one would be best for the truck. I think the 4.88 does sound like the one though. Thing is going to be a pain hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
Wow 40x14.50's that thing will look awesome bro!!! I can't wait to see it!! Ya i would have to agree with 05akram 4.88's would be a lot better for that size of tire.I am going to call my dealer today and talk to the service manager about changing my rear out.I don't think the yahoo I talked to last week knows for sure if and when I do change the rear out that it will void my warranty on my powertrain.Can't wait to see pics of your truck bro!! It will just make me want a 3" body more and more lol.

That would be awesome if we could get a bunch of people together and have a road trip and meet up .I wont beable to do it this year but next year I will beable to.
I dont see why if you get it done at the dealer why it would be voided. I think having them do it should be alright. Chrysler/Dodge does make bigger size gears so you should be alright.

Thanks man I cant wait either haha. I will post pics dont you worry haha Yea if we could get a bunch of guys to do that then it would be pretty sick. Maybe a couple guys here drive down or something. Just have to see who is willing to drive their truck for a while
Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:371
BigSwede is just really niceBigSwede is just really niceBigSwede is just really niceBigSwede is just really nice

Patiently awaiting updates and pics Scatpak
Old 02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPak07 View Post
Hmmm.... ya I will see what my guys say about it. They will do the calcs and everything to see which one would be best for the truck. I think the 4.88 does sound like the one though. Thing is going to be a pain hahaha

I dont see why if you get it done at the dealer why it would be voided. I think having them do it should be alright. Chrysler/Dodge does make bigger size gears so you should be alright.

Thanks man I cant wait either haha. I will post pics dont you worry haha Yea if we could get a bunch of guys to do that then it would be pretty sick. Maybe a couple guys here drive down or something. Just have to see who is willing to drive their truck for a while
I called Dodge today and asked the main people on the warranty if i did change my gears.they said if i went with an after market the hole powertrain would be void.If i did use mopar it would be ok if i had the dealer do it.I am leaving it alone 5k if i have the dealer do it.I am not paying them 5k.