DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Naw i have never put pics up in the galleries section. There are in fact pics in some of my threads but they suck. I dont have that great of a camera, my iphone 4 is what im using to take pics and vids but it doesnt pick up the light well. Here are some links to my threads with attached pics.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=66116

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70632

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 02-10-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 AM

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
JTHennessey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
Naw i have never put pics up in the galleries section. There are in fact pics in some of my threads but they suck. I dont have that great of a camera, my iphone 4 is what im using to take pics and vids but it doesnt pick up the light well. Here are some links to my threads with attached pics.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=66116

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70632
Thank you very much.. Looking for something to do to the exterior beyond the planned mods of a Gaylord's Cap & Roll Pan.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: white
Rep:10
blaster431 is on a distinguished road

I am in the process of ordering a magnacharger for my 2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i need to know if i can change the pulley for more boost, and how much power can i make before I hurt the engine? does the engine have cheap pistons, rods,etc.... i don't know, just asking for help. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: 07 Flame Red QC
Trim Level: Sport-R/T
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:51
raceram9 will become famous soon enough

when I spoke to the guys a Shop hemi.com about this set up they told me it would be a few weeks before they would have a direct bolt on kit for the 06-08s this was about a week ago so I'm subscribed to this thread interested to see what HP is made on both trucks
2007 RAM QC FLAME RED,20s, 3.92 rear Vararam CAI, Cherrybomb vortex mufflers dumped out in front of rear tires, Superchips Cortex, R/T badges on grill and tailgate custom designed stripes and hood vinyl.....and more to come
Old 02-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: white
Rep:10
blaster431 is on a distinguished road

I spoke to the guys at shopHEMI.com today. They told me that if I try to make over 525hp, that i'm gonna hurt the pistons. They told me that the magnacharger 2.3 will produce around 480 or so to the tires at 6lbs of boost and no other mods. Well, if I put on a set of headers, cold air kit and a bigger throttle body, it should make more than 525hp to the tires at 6lbs of boost. He also told me that they make a 8 pound pully kit that includes, pully, belt, and boost-a-pump, that will make 525 or so, to the tires, for a small fee of...$500 more!!! Just to many options.... might as well do them all!!!

Last edited by blaster431; 02-11-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

if you add LTs, T/B and CAI to a 6psi kit you'll prob see a 1 psi drop in boost b/c you are making your motor more efficient...but you'll still make more hp. if you could make 525rwhp on 5 psi that would be awesome! I'm just not sure it could happen. I just saw a dyno run post the other day of a 6.2L Raptor with a D-1SC Procharger make 515rwhp at 10psi.

did you ask them what "hurt the pistons" means. I would also ask what air/fuel ratio they would tune you to and approx how much timing that is with. I think they could give you some ballpark answers to those questions. don't take any of this negatively...just want you to get good info for such and undertaking. I can't wait to see the results from all the builds.

edit....I see you are talking hp and not rwhp so it all makes more sense to me now.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:46 PM

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

Gabe he is talking about whp, what shop hemi quoted him "to the tires". I agree, the quoted #s are a bit high. Arringtons uses a Superflow dyno and is known to read high as compared to other dynos. Im not posting to be negative but to be rational. Ive been to Arringtons and wouldnt hesitate to go back for more work, the experience was all positive. Ive also been to HHPracing to do a custom dyno also. The #s doesnt add up between the two and it rarely does.. but its definitely a difference on the street which is where it really counts I pulled this off the other forum to share, and theres countless other good reads also..you can take it for what it is.. but good info regardless on different types of superchargers. Its about an enthusiast to have claimed to have gained 550whp at 6psi with a procharger kit on a stock 6.1 motor, questioning why HHPracing only gets 568 whp with same procharger kit with stage 11 heads and a cam.

Paul, it's how you take it into context. I hate to be one of these guys who tells someone there hp numbers aren't correct but your 550 rwhp car would only make 500 rwhp on our dyno - I can say this as I've probably tuned more ProCharged HEMI's than anyone else out there and 6 psi on a stock SRT-8, no matter whether you have full exhaust or stock exhaust, only makes 500 rwhp give or take 5 hp on our dynojets. Don't get me wrong, I've tuned on Superflo's and other "high number" manufacturers of dyno's and made more hp, but the cars didn't make more hp, the dyno did. Both of our 2011 race cars are sponsored by ProCharger so I have tons of experience with these units and ProCharger trusts us in our abilities enough to carry their name on our cars which are designed to hit the track with 1300hp and 1600hp thanks to their awesome products. Shameless product plug: Go Procharger!

Putting it all in to context, on these single roller dynojets that we use, on stock motors a ProCharger which has lower ait's and less rotational drag (i.e. wastes less hp just to spin it) make 500rwhp. A Kenne Bell at 6psi makes about 460 to 480 rwhp. A Magnacharger at 6psi makes about 440 to 460 rwhp. These numbers are on our dyno, though our competitors put these on dyno's that show higher numbers and sell you kits based off these inflated numbers. I believe our numbers are more correct because our cars run the time at the track matching up to the numbers we put down. Here's how I justify it, Paul, at full weight (no weight reduction) at 550rwhp you should run 11.2 or in the quarter mile with a ProCharger - do you think that's possible with only 6psi at full weight on a 70 degree day?

Here's how I interpret the numbers. Our Stage 2 HHP/BES heads and cam packages add around 100 horsepower give or take. Taking a build with a blower that typically puts down 440 to 460 rwhp at 8psi, adding two psi to that for another 20hp, adding in heads and cam for an extra 100 horsepower, tuning it up safe for reliability, I think we're good to go when we see 568 rwhp. That's right where I would expect to see it on our dynojets.

Paul, I hope you don't think I'm attacking you in any way and I hope it didn't come off that way. It just allowed for me to do a really good comparison to show how we got our numbers and how to compare them to a lot of numbers our competitors throw out there. These forums are inundated with lots of bad info and it's extremely hard for anyone to do an apples to apples comparison without seeing more of the big picture.

Joshua, HHP

Last edited by autobred; 02-11-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

I missed the "to the tires" part...should've reread the post before piping off. Thanks for the post and info. I can def see heads, cam and an extra 2 psi making that kinda power.

Maybe I should take a drive up to HHP and finally decide what I want to do with this truck!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

You dont have to go HHP RAcing to do a procharger install. DTP Racing and Arringtons are more than capable of installing and tuning it. I didnt want to take this awesome build thread OT, just following suit and since alot of people will be paying close attention to this thread we can only try to keep it as informative and accurate if possible. If Im incorrect about anything please by all means

Last edited by autobred; 02-11-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:63
Blue Streak will become famous soon enough

What 4 gen guys are getting one? I'm real interested! Just need Diablo to release the 2011 tune.