DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Black Express
Trim Level: Black Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
GenoTex is on a distinguished road

I've been running tunes, in general, including diablos, for years.

First off, my dealership "knows"... and they will NOT access the
computer without my prior knowledge... They have NO problem
with the fact that it is 'tuned' and I don't see/know/have never
heard that it 'voids' the warranty. BS.

If you are overly cautious, sure... de-tune before you go.
If you're not, just tell them NOT to access the computer without
talking to you first.

and NO... an oil change will not affect it.
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: go man go
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:108
DAYTONA81 will become famous soon enoughDAYTONA81 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by genotex View Post
i've been running tunes, in general, including diablos, for years.

First off, my dealership "knows"... And they will not access the
computer without my prior knowledge... They have no problem
with the fact that it is 'tuned' and i don't see/know/have never
heard that it 'voids' the warranty. Bs.

If you are overly cautious, sure... De-tune before you go.
If you're not, just tell them not to access the computer without
talking to you first.

And no... An oil change will not affect it.
well going in for recalls isnt the issue my concern is that if anything happens to my tranny or motor will they blame the tuner and not warranty the motor or tranny. Im not worried as i dont go to the dealership unless something break and hopefully its not the motor or tranny and them not warranty itcause of a tune....Have you ever blown a motor or tranny and had them replace it having a tune??????

Thats my concern not a oil change
Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 2500 ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: grey
Rep:14
up north is on a distinguished road

Do we not have any Dodge technitions that are FourmZ members that can answer this question for us? I am also looking at installing a diablos tuner and would like to know if it is detectable if it was tuned and if it will void the warranty. I will also check with a friend of mine who ownes a dodge dealership up here in canada and see what he has to say about it and get back to you guy's.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by up north View Post
Do we not have any Dodge technitions that are FourmZ members that can answer this question for us? I am also looking at installing a diablos tuner and would like to know if it is detectable if it was tuned and if it will void the warranty. I will also check with a friend of mine who ownes a dodge dealership up here in canada and see what he has to say about it and get back to you guy's.
I've been out of the shop for about 8 years, but as of 2003, there was no way for us to determine if you had a previous software version installed.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RCLB SLT 1500 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:72
catsltd will become famous soon enough

Installed my Superchips about 20 times in my 2010.
My hour clock on my truck is at about 763 hours.
It has never reset itself,even when I installed transmission software.
Both Diablo and Superchips remover all stock settings and store them,until you reinstall them.
So I really dont think its possible for them to see that a tuners been installed.
God Luck with your decision,hope you figure it out.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by up north View Post
Diablo says their programmer when removed does not leave an electronic footprint aka cannot be detected.

That said, any tuner is a direct violation of the powertrain warranty. So if something goes wrong and the dealer figures out you had/have a tuner on it they now have some wiggle room.

Same goes for non-Chrysler CAIs and other performance mods. In fact even with those parts, they may need to be installed by the dealer to ensure warranty coverage.

Personally I don't play games with anything that's under warranty. The cost of repairing these new computerized trucks is just to high for my wallet.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 02-14-2011, 01:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 2500 ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: grey
Rep:14
up north is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the information guys it will help to make a decision. I will call my Dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say. But I am still leaning to running the truck down to calgary and having a set of A/R headers and a tuner installed. CATSLTD I see you are from calgary I have been talking to Davenport motor sports in cow town do you have any information or advice on the shop? They were also going to put it on the dyno to fine tune the program.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram CC 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
E.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really niceE.L.D. 44 is just really nice

This is a common misconception. No a tuner will not void your warranty. The tuner only tweaks the factory settings but will never take them out of the operating range deemed safe by the factory. Also, the dealer does not have the power to deny a warranty claim since they aren't the ones that write the warranty, only do repairs under warranty. Chrysler cannot deny your warranty unless they can prove that your modification caused the failure you are claiming under warranty. Predator does not leave a footprint. I have the lifetime warranty and talked with my dealer before I bought it about all my plans for the truck. I am having them install all my performance parts so they know they are on there correctly and having a shop install and tune my programmer when I get it so it was also done right. Beyond that have fun with it but remember whatever work you do yourself keep every receipt and record of it.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87541
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:19
scots2413 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.D. 44 View Post
This is a common misconception. No a tuner will not void your warranty. The tuner only tweaks the factory settings but will never take them out of the operating range deemed safe by the factory. Also, the dealer does not have the power to deny a warranty claim since they aren't the ones that write the warranty, only do repairs under warranty. Chrysler cannot deny your warranty unless they can prove that your modification caused the failure you are claiming under warranty. Predator does not leave a footprint. I have the lifetime warranty and talked with my dealer before I bought it about all my plans for the truck. I am having them install all my performance parts so they know they are on there correctly and having a shop install and tune my programmer when I get it so it was also done right. Beyond that have fun with it but remember whatever work you do yourself keep every receipt and record of it.
I agree somewhat. It really depends on who your dealer is. Some dealers dont mind and others do. If you are really worried about it voiding your warranty then I would just ask the service department.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L.D. 44 View Post
Actually, the Magnusson-Moss Act clearly states that any modification made to a vehicle that could adversely affect the performance of that component will nullify any warranty provided by the manufacturer.

For example, installing a power programmer in all cases modifies the fuel map and the ignition spark curve. A burned piston could easily be tied to fuel or ignition changes from factory settings. Increasing horsepower could also be tied to a burned transmission or broken differential as these components are rates for a very specific horsepower rating.

I was a master-tech for Daimler Chrysler for over a decade, I have seen many vehicles warranties voided over the years for a variety of conditions including the addition of aftermarket components. MOST dealers will work with you, but do not think for a minute that a dealer cannot void your warranty. They can and will, and insisting that cannot will not get you anywhere. Also be advised that the DM will almost always side with his dealer before a customer when it comes to warranty conditions.