DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 ram 4x4 5.7 hemi
Trim Level: laramie
Color: red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:104
Longshot will become famous soon enoughLongshot will become famous soon enough

By looking at the chart the second one won't fit the ram
07 Laramie 4x4 HEMI, ATX series Artillery wheels,Nitto295/60/20 terra grapplers,Predator,nerf bars,leveling kit,stainless door, tailgate handles, mirrors,Weather Tech floor liners,Airaid CAI,Flowmaster 40 series exhaust,Extang Trifecta Signature Series Tonneau,electric tailgate lock, vent visors
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2011, 01:20 AM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Huh thats pretty interesting. I would imagine the reception wouldnt be the greatest

Honestly if you want a small antenna go to Wal-Mart. I picked up a 6" black antenna for like $10. It looks good and it gets alright reception.

Just getting rid of the big stock antenna makes a huge difference in styling. You dont notice until it is off
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 02-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram sport 4x4
Trim Level: sport
Color: blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:99
heffs03mach1 will become famous soon enough

also wanting to change this out as i hate long antennas. sirius gets used more and i also have a built in ipod player so no worries here on music availability
Old 02-05-2011, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

Walmart, pep boys, autozone....all of them have the same kind of stuff!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:27
jwsnowman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
By looking at the chart the second one won't fit the ram
Most antennas are universal fit unless you have a power antenna. For 20 bucks shipped I'm not too worried about it...I couldn't find a shorty in any local autoparts shop, Wal-Mart, or Canadian Tire. If this one doesn't work I'll keep looking until I find one thought because the stock one has to go!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:23 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Color: White
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

Free shipping: http://moesperformance.com/index.php...roducts_id=674
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI
Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:27
jwsnowman is on a distinguished road

Got the 3" stubby antenna installed the other night and it works great! No reception loss in the city...still havn't had a chance to take a run out of the city yet but should be this weekend. I'll post pics this weekend after I get my new grill installed too!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

im not sure which one i like more they are both nice but i donno if it would look right on a truck
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 02-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: QC Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:10
BBRam is on a distinguished road

Good choice.
Just to throw this out there in case anyone else runs into it - I started to get a lot of whistling wind noise around the windshield from about 60 mph and above. It was hard to pinpoint where, it seemed like it was the whole top of the windshield. I checked the weatherstripping around the windshield, the doors, looked for anything that might have loosened up around the hood area. I even tried the tape around the windshield to try to identify where the whistling was coming from, all to no avail. Then I remembered that it seemed to start when I replaced my antenna with a 12" stubby. No way I thought. Finally I couldn't take it anymore so I removed the stubby and bingo, no whistling! Put the factory antenna back on-no whistling, put the stubby back on-whistling returned. Well what do you know. Amazing how a smaller antenna can cause whistling wind noise that appears to be located at the top of the windshield. I bent the antenna to match the angle of the windshield which helped a lot but did not eliminate it, so I'm looking to replace it with another size and/or shape. I'm not putting that giant ugly silver factory antenna back on a black truck.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:52 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Color: White
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRam View Post
Good choice.
Just to throw this out there in case anyone else runs into it - I started to get a lot of whistling wind noise around the windshield from about 60 mph and above. It was hard to pinpoint where, it seemed like it was the whole top of the windshield. I checked the weatherstripping around the windshield, the doors, looked for anything that might have loosened up around the hood area. I even tried the tape around the windshield to try to identify where the whistling was coming from, all to no avail. Then I remembered that it seemed to start when I replaced my antenna with a 12" stubby. No way I thought. Finally I couldn't take it anymore so I removed the stubby and bingo, no whistling! Put the factory antenna back on-no whistling, put the stubby back on-whistling returned. Well what do you know. Amazing how a smaller antenna can cause whistling wind noise that appears to be located at the top of the windshield. I bent the antenna to match the angle of the windshield which helped a lot but did not eliminate it, so I'm looking to replace it with another size and/or shape. I'm not putting that giant ugly silver factory antenna back on a black truck.
Probably because the shorty is a smooth surface and the stock antenna has a metal vigorous edge to it. So the wind gets cut.
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI