DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 1500 Quad SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black on Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
HOTHEAD is on a distinguished road
Default Fog bumper swap

PLEASE don't flame me...

I have used the search function, and come across multiple threads on this, however between reading pages upon pages about this I still don't have complete answers.

I recently had an accident and convinced the body shop to install the factory fog cut out bumper on my 09 Quad slt that previously had just the solid chrome front bumper. Now I have begun the process to complete the swap. My questions are, has anyone actually completed this swap? Most of the threads I have read are incomplete, and if there is a thread with alot of details listed, please feel free to post the link.

Basically, I have a few questions. I have located the OEM part kit with the wiring, lights, and switch on a few different sites including ebay. Oddly enough, I think my truck has the proper switch already installed (at least that is what I think) it has a small push button switch underneath the headlight switch. Also, I keep seeing referance to "mounting brackest" for the lights, but have been able to locate a part# for them (are these hard to install?). Does anyone know if the wiring harness is plug and play? or do I have to splice them in? If so, any idea about where to locate the wiring diagrams? Lastly, a link to a exploded diagram of the fog bumper assembly might even warrant a sincere thank you

I just figured I'd ask if anyone had some knowledge of this swap before I get started.

As always, thank you
Regards
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 1500 SLT 4X4
Color: Stone White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:81
brokenwrench66 will become famous soon enough

I know there`s a detailed thread on this because I looked at it when I was trying to decide if I should do this. Maybe some of what I learned will help you.

All of the kits I`ve seen on ebay are for the fog lights that mount down in the lower bumper, beside the tow hooks, not in the fog lamp cut-outs.

The switch your referring to in your truck is most likely your cargo light switch. I`m pretty sure that you`ll only have the right switch if you already have the fog lights.

The part number for the mounting brackets is 68054374AB. Needless to say you`ll need two (there`s no left or right).

I believe the wiring harness is plug and play but you should double check that.

Check here:

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_p...&_exterior.htm

and you`ll find an exploded view of the bumper and a listing of all the parts you`ll need.

Good luck!!

Last edited by brokenwrench66; 09-23-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: clean up
Old 09-23-2011, 07:16 PM
erm

Good info ^^^^ and I'll add that if you want the fogs to operate, you'll need to go see the dealer after the install and have the PCM flashed.

I strongly suggest you use the factory harness and switch. The factory stuff will truly be plug and play.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: 2009 1500 SLT 4X4
Color: Stone White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:81
brokenwrench66 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
if you want the fogs to operate, you'll need to go see the dealer after the install and have the PCM flashed.
You`re right MADDOG! I don`t know how I forgot about that!! I hear with the 2012s you have to get a re-flash when you fill the tank to let the gas gauge know you have new fuel in the truck!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 1500 Quad SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black on Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
HOTHEAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenwrench66 View Post
I know there`s a detailed thread on this because I looked at it when I was trying to decide if I should do this. Maybe some of what I learned will help you.

All of the kits I`ve seen on ebay are for the fog lights that mount down in the lower bumper, beside the tow hooks, not in the fog lamp cut-outs.

The switch your referring to in your truck is most likely your cargo light switch. I`m pretty sure that you`ll only have the right switch if you already have the fog lights.

The part number for the mounting brackets is 68054374AB. Needless to say you`ll need two (there`s no left or right).

I believe the wiring harness is plug and play but you should double check that.

Check here:

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_p...&_exterior.htm

and you`ll find an exploded view of the bumper and a listing of all the parts you`ll need.

Good luck!!
Thanks, great link. I am ordering parts today, and will update post as I go
Old 09-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram SLT
Color: stone white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:64
OMALLEY808 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info. I want to do this soon!