DODGE RAM FORUM banner
22K views 79 replies 39 participants last post by  arsenamerica 
#1 ·
Today I'm starting an official mod thread for my truck. All mod's I've done and will do in the future will be placed in this thread. T o start this thread off I will post pictures in order of some mods that I have already done. Then, I will add to the thread as more mods come in!!

I'll start it off with a pic of the truck completely stock when I brought her home.

See less See more
Reactions: Crash
#3 · (Edited)
Soon after I bought the truck, I had the front window's tinted 20% and I installed some ATA nerfs.

I like these nerf bars alot. They were pretty cheap and so far they are holding up great, even after this horrible winter we are having in MI. They also have a lifetime warranty.

#4 ·
After that I installed some GTO taillight cover's. Got a great deal on Ebay. This was IMO easier to do than tinting the taillight's with VHT. In the future I plan on adding LED's to the reverse light's and 3rd brake light, then tinting the 3rd brake light with VHT.

#5 ·
I then added a Flowmaster 40 series muffler and a K&N drop in filter. I have no pics of these mods but I will take some today and add them later. Plus everyone know's what a muffler and K&N filter looks like:LOL: Oh, and I also plan on adding some new tips in the future.

Reactions: City Slicker
#7 ·
Moving forward, I then added a Curt hitch receiver and a chrome hitch. The hitch receiver was very easy to install using something they call the "fishwire technique". Basically what happens here is you attach the nuts and bolts to a wire and fish them through the bumper support and out the mounting holes. Pretty cool idea from the manufacturer.

Reactions: old hot rod
#8 ·
This next mod is still in progress as I have not had much time to myself lately. I'm in the middle of painting my engine cover. I like the idea I have for it now but I might change this in the future. I'm doing the outside red, and the middle Brilliant Black with red letters. I also plan on painting the airbox to match. Here's a few pics...
Stock cover......

And here's what I have so far....

#9 ·
Stay tuned for the next 2 mod's that I just ordered today!!!:Wow1::smileup: Some of you may know what one of the mod's is. But I'm not telling what the other one is. It's simple, yet extremely practical and considered a must have mod. That is all for now!:wow:

#10 ·
Oh yeah, one more mod I forgot about!! I also installed some AVS in channel vent visors. These are awesome and reduce alot of wind noise. Got a good deal on them also. $40 for the set of 4.

Reactions: RedRam10
#18 ·
:smileup:Nice set of mods!
Thanks guys!
Great lookin' mods! Keep the pic's coming and let's hear about how your painting that engine cover. What paint are you using to be sure it sticks to that plastic?
I have a thread for this somewhere listing all the products I'm using. Here it is...http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=70882&highlight=engine+cover
looks really good!
looking good! im liking the nerf bars
Thanks guys! I know, I love these nerf bars!

#19 ·
Just ordered the Extang Revolution tonneau cover! Can't wait for it to arrive!!

#21 ·
I'm just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer, then I'll jump back on it.

#22 ·
:smileup::smileup: your mod list is coming along well

#23 ·
#25 ·
#26 ·
I just got an e-mail saying one of my mods has been shipped!! Rep points to the first correct answer. Here's a hint: It's a suspension mod...sort of.

#29 ·
I'm getting ready to install a gang load of mods!! Pics coming a little later!

#30 ·
Newly installed mods = Extang Revolution Tonneau and a EZ Down tailgate damper. Here's a few pics......

The EZ Down was well, easy to install.:smileup:
The tailgate does swing down a little quicker than what the video shows, but it still comes down fairly slow. Nice little mod:smiley_thumbs_up:

The Extang Revolution.....

I love this cover, it has a pretty low profile for a roll up. It was very easy to install and it's easy to roll and unroll. No snaps or velcro. The bows have springs that lock into place to keep the cover tight. It needs a little sun to stretch it out some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.