DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1989 Dodge Ram 50
Trim Level: Standard
Color: Primered Black
Rep:71
Ram50Man will become famous soon enough
Default How cool is this!?!

I probably just added the coolest thing to my truck I have ever seen! A touch activated toggle switch! it works just like a touch screen. It's so simple, yet so friggin cool! It has a small red LED to tell you when its off, then the LED turns blue when its activated.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:13 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crewcab 1500
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Email: Chili1k@att.net
Rep:1092
Chili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud of

Y'all thinking what i am?

Old 02-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I agree
Old 02-19-2011, 08:16 PM

are you the kid that need picture books in school to learn? You dont need a pic to grasp the concept of a touch toggle. think of a toggle switch with a flat face instead of a rocker switch.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:19 PM

Chili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud ofChili1K has much to be proud of

Well you are posting something that might be interesting to use.. with out pics product numbers or stats and what you are using it for kinda seems selfish. dontcha think?

"I have this really cool tshirt. it has all this stuff on it!! Awesome eh?"
Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili1K View Post
Well you are posting something that might be interesting to use.. with out pics product numbers or stats and what you are using it for kinda seems selfish. dontcha think?

"I have this really cool tshirt. it has all this stuff on it!! Awesome eh?"

Seriously.... im using a toggle switch to toggle power to something... who gives a crap what its being used for, that wasnt the point of the post! The point was its a touch screen toggle, and its cool. but here is a pic, hard to see though cause its dark in my truck. Oh and its for my driving lights, but being as its a toggle switch im sure you can use it for anything that you need to!
105.jpg

106.jpg
Old 02-19-2011, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram
Trim Level: 1500
Color: Green
Engine: 1994-2001 239ci (3.9L) Magnum V6 175hp
Rep:56
foolioGrimz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram50Man View Post
Seriously.... im using a toggle switch to toggle power to something... who gives a crap what its being used for, that wasnt the point of the post! The point was its a touch screen toggle, and its cool. but here is a pic, hard to see though cause its dark in my truck. Oh and its for my driving lights, but being as its a toggle switch im sure you can use it for anything that you need to!
Attachment 14656

Attachment 14657
thats the coolest thing ever right now! where'd u get it and how much did it cost??
mods-Ranch hand Brush guard, superchip tuner, 75 gal transfer tank, 4.10 gears with detroit locker, 305/70-16 BFG mudders, 2" lift, Chrome Edelbrock carb filter with throttle body mod, and a short glasspack.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolioGrimz View Post
thats the coolest thing ever right now! where'd u get it and how much did it cost??
I picked it up at Orielly Auto Parts, dont remember the price but it wasnt any more than $5, its hard to see in the pics, but it has a smoked see thru front. Its real sensitive too, you barely have to touch it.

almost makes me want to find more things to run off toggles, so i can add more!... lol

Last edited by Ram50Man; 02-19-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:37 PM

Seriously.

The point of pictures and information in posts are to help someone if they need help. It was intriguing, this is why you got the replies. You should be happy, people are interested in what you found. If you wanted to help someone, information on what you found and how you installed it would be awesome. If you just wanted to post that you bought something and looking for some interest or congratulations you need to give a little more information on what it was that you purchased besides a touch screen switch. If it was only rated for a low wattage it may not be useful to them.. or many other reason.. Thats what specs/stats are needed or wanted.

If you want a congrats on your switch...

Congrats on a switch no one knows about but you, that only you can appreciate!

Feel better?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:39 PM

This information should have been included in the first post. You wouldnt have someone asking for the info.

congrats on the switch and information.

Thank you for the added information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram50Man View Post
I picked it up at Orielly Auto Parts, dont remember the price but it wasnt any more than $5, its hard to see in the pics, but it has a smoked see thru front. Its real sensitive too, you barely have to touch it.

almost makes me want to find more things to run off toggles, so i can add more!... lol