DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough
Default Poor floor heat on drivers side

So I love my new 2011 Outdoors. But I have a weird problem. I live in Canada and its cold, so I crank the heat on floor and defrost. My passengers are dying from it being so hot on the floor on their side, my side is still frozen.

I don't have dual climate controls. The air feels weaker on the drivers side compared to the passenger side, not as hot and not blowing quite as hard. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, anyone have a weird problem where the windows all of the suddenly fog up after being clear? (Cold weather) I start driving and the windows start fogging, almost like I pushed the button to recirculate air or if the heater core was finished. I have the defrost set to the hottest and on full blast and it takes a while to clear up. Not fun when on the highway!
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 11 Dodge Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: SLT Outdoorsman
Color: black and silver
Rep:30
Hemichild is on a distinguished road

mine did that fog up trick on me as well few. a bunch of snow came off my hood and hit my windshield and then all of a sudden the whole truck just fogged up. a few secs later the windows started to open up again . I have also noticed driver side floor does not blow as hard as the passenger side. Then yesterday i get up in the middle of the night to go to work and my defrost setting was not working on my truck. start it up and it blowing hard then a few secs later its blowing somewhere else. once the truck warmed up 10 minutes or so later it was fine again selector was working fine again. Cant waste my time with taking it to the dealer cause all i seem to get out of them is well we cant seem to replicate the problem.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:56 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:53
cudase will become famous soon enough

I need to let my truck get fully warmed up to prevent fog up after I get in and start driving. Very annoying.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

May just be as simple as the switch going bad, let us know what dodge says when u take it in. I think there was an update for earlier models with a similar problem, i'm sure ramtech will kick in the correct or narrowed down answer.

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 02-19-2011, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:158
SslagleZ28 has a spectacular aura aboutSslagleZ28 has a spectacular aura about

Seems to be a Dodge problem my dads town and country does the same thing

Semper FI
Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Hunter Green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
DeltaMcfoxtrot is on a distinguished road

I just noticed the same thing with mine today. It was -6c outside and toasty warm inside except for my feet, I had to crank up the fan to get enough heat to the drivers side floor, then the cabin was a little too hot. Not sure if I wanna know what it would be like if it was -20c
Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

there is a recall or something, that was sent out by Dodge, that has to do with our climate controls, on mine the just needed to flash the computer, others they have to replace a part
go here & type in your VIN#, where it reads recalls
https://www.dodge.com/hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/

any recalls will pop up at the top of the page
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 02-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's new 'Feature' to keep the Canadian drivers awake and alert!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI