DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '09 RAM 1500 4dr
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:61
Studbuster will become famous soon enough

I don't have your duck noise but I do have trans problem.

I've had my tranny start and stay in 4th gear many times. A shudder/shake can be part of the problem. When the s/s happens, it can stall the engine. If it dosen't s/s and stall, the only way to clear the trans out of 4th gear is to stop and restart the engine. I always back into my drive so I always start in drive. This ONLY happens the first start of the day, and about 3 or 4 times a month. It has been in the dealer noumerous times. The first few times I cleared it to drive it to the dealer and they "Can not duplicate, owner must leave over night." I don't want them to have it that long.

Now I have driven it in 3 times with it locked in 4th gear and they have not shut it off before testing.The S/M has now told me to drive it right in the garage to the trans man when it is locked up.

So far, in 6 trips, they have to order parts so two trips each, they have replaced: 1) Vbody Pkg, 2) Module-Powertrain Control, 3) Transduce-Pressure Sensor. The last "repair" (replace parts until you find it) was 1/18/11.

It has locked in 4th twice after yhe last repair, one on Sunday, the other going to the hospital. Going to the dealer not an option ether time,maybe next time.

Hope they fix yours faster than have mine. ( KEEP A LOG)

What was the other thread? My dealer is at a loss?

I am filling Lemon Law forms.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU FIND TIME TO DO IT OVER??
Dave
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 Crew 3:92
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Tob is on a distinguished road

Man...i'm really sorry about what's hapenning to you, hope the lemon law works out for you. There's no way you should be having that much problems with a brand new truck. Worst in a case like this is the time/gas your loosing everyday bringing it back to the dealer for no reason...

i was planning on keeping that truck for a long time, obviously that ain't gonna happen. If i had knew i would've skipped on the looks and comfort of the Ram, and bought the sturdiness and reliability of a Ford

if we're having tranny problems after 5 months i don't even want to imagine what'll be like 5-6 years down the road. I mean i've owned numerous jeeps (witch are also chrysler, go figure) and never had ANY issues....and i've beaten the shit out of them. The truck i treat like a freakin princess and it still sucks...

heres some of the other storys:
http://***************/forum/4th-gen...-4th-gear.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studbuster View Post
I don't have your duck noise but I do have trans problem.

I've had my tranny start and stay in 4th gear many times. A shudder/shake can be part of the problem. When the s/s happens, it can stall the engine. If it dosen't s/s and stall, the only way to clear the trans out of 4th gear is to stop and restart the engine. I always back into my drive so I always start in drive. This ONLY happens the first start of the day, and about 3 or 4 times a month. It has been in the dealer noumerous times. The first few times I cleared it to drive it to the dealer and they "Can not duplicate, owner must leave over night." I don't want them to have it that long.

Now I have driven it in 3 times with it locked in 4th gear and they have not shut it off before testing.The S/M has now told me to drive it right in the garage to the trans man when it is locked up.

So far, in 6 trips, they have to order parts so two trips each, they have replaced: 1) Vbody Pkg, 2) Module-Powertrain Control, 3) Transduce-Pressure Sensor. The last "repair" (replace parts until you find it) was 1/18/11.

It has locked in 4th twice after yhe last repair, one on Sunday, the other going to the hospital. Going to the dealer not an option ether time,maybe next time.

Hope they fix yours faster than have mine. ( KEEP A LOG)

What was the other thread? My dealer is at a loss?

I am filling Lemon Law forms.

Last edited by Toms Blue Ram 1500; 02-20-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Vehicle: Dodge ram 1500
Frtman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tob View Post
actually it seems to be a fairly common thing on 2010 rams. A guy at work has almost the same truck and he experienced the same "stuck in 4th manual" issue. He hasn't had any other issues with the transmission yet, and that happenned 2 weeks ago.

there's also a 6-7 pages thread on another dodge forum with at least a dozen owners reporting the same issue.

But as always the "liarship" is hearing of this problem for the first time...everytime you bring them a vehicle you're always the first one to report that problem, as if they started selling cars yesterday...
Look I get your upset with this issue on your truck and the dealership is playing stupid but this really is not that common of an issue. It is likely the dealership you went to hasnt had a customer with that complaint.

I did many months of research between ford and dodge browsing many forums and the handful of people with this issue with dodge doesnt compare to the thousands with fords and their issue. Basically every Ford f150 truck had the issue, clunking when coming to a stop and clunking when taking off and a vibration when cruising at 45 mph, hell I test drove a handful myself and they all did it. Ford last I heard didn't have a proper fix for it. Some people didn't care and just lived with it, others hate it and want it fixed.

I'm sure dodge will get it fixed for you and you can start enjoying your truck, just remember no truck manufacture is perfect when they mass produce a product, it's just impossible to do
Old 02-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: SLT 4x4 Crew 3:92
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Tob is on a distinguished road

So i got it to the dealer this morning, call came in this afternoon, error code said poblem with 2nd gear...no shit, god am i glad mechanics can read OBDII codes, wouldn't have figured that out by myself...

so anyways they'll have to open my 5 months old, 8k miles transmission, witch will probably take most of the week. This can't be good news long term. And apparently there isn't such a thing as a Lemon-Law in Canada, so even if end up having a shitload of prolems with the truck i'm on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frtman View Post
Look I get your upset with this issue on your truck and the dealership is playing stupid but this really is not that common of an issue. It is likely the dealership you went to hasnt had a customer with that complaint.

I did many months of research between ford and dodge browsing many forums and the handful of people with this issue with dodge doesnt compare to the thousands with fords and their issue. Basically every Ford f150 truck had the issue, clunking when coming to a stop and clunking when taking off and a vibration when cruising at 45 mph, hell I test drove a handful myself and they all did it. Ford last I heard didn't have a proper fix for it. Some people didn't care and just lived with it, others hate it and want it fixed.

I'm sure dodge will get it fixed for you and you can start enjoying your truck, just remember no truck manufacture is perfect when they mass produce a product, it's just impossible to do

and to FRTMAN^^^^^^^^ you love your truck, i get you, good for you, and i hope it continues to treat you good, i really do.
But remember this : there were 3 Fords sold for every Ram in 2010, so you'll hear a lot more about them for sure, and as far as the clunk problem goes, i too have experienced it on a test drive, and they found the fix for it about a month ago, out of spec u-joint wich caused clunking on accel, stop and vibration at high speed. simple fix for wich they issued a service ticket. All the guys at work got it done in the last week.

i'd take 100 drive shaft problems for 1 transmission issue. at least i can fabricate/buy and change anything on the drive shaft...transmissions nowadays with all the sensors and electronics....forget about it.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT QC 4x4
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:33
dtownkcufo is on a distinguished road

Tob,

You hate your truck, I don't get you, but hey whatever. I hope you enjoy the Ford that you are going to buy. Please don't try to mess with a Ram Hemi on the road you will get roasted.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Banned

Vehicle: Dodge ram 1500
Frtman is on a distinguished road

So it took ford over 2 years to figure out a ujoint problem that ALL their trucks had? Yea that inspires a lot of confidence, im sure you would have been a thrilled customer then if you bought their new design back in 09 and just got it fixed in 2011. I can see why they are the right choice now...

*rolls eyes*