DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

My brother in law thinks my sister is crazy, she works 6 months or so & then goes trekking for about 4 months & spends the rest of the time on vacation with him, riding Harleys, lately it has been in Canada, but, they have ridden from their home in Connecticut to California, Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Daytona Bike Rally, etc.

She has trekked PERU, Nepal, Inca Trail to Machupicchu, & a couple mountains like Mt. Washington, in New Hampshire, she treks that to get in shape

You know, i think she is nuts too

LOL just like you
Nice pix by the way, ENJOY!!!
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 02-22-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunDodge View Post
Alex those are breathtaking pics, simply awesome! So is it really like they show, the weather really is that upredictable up there or you have an idea what it's gonna be like before you start your way up? It changes on the ascent? and thanks for sharing the pics, glad you made it there and back safely!

- Cajun
It really is dana. I went from wearing just a t shirt and sweats and having it be probably 43*F down to near 20*F and snowing hard. If you look at the first picture, we were probably half hour into our ascent. After 3 hours I took that last picture in the ascent and the clouds were getting dark very quickly and the wind came out of nowhere! It's scary, I had even seen a woman climbing by herself, starting at 3:00. She hopefully made it down safely considering daylight is gone at 6:00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxHunting View Post
Awesome pictures man! I'm used to flat land, not mountains.
Yeah a lot of people are lol. I'm adventurous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
My brother in law thinks my sister is crazy, she works 6 months or so & then goes trekking for about 4 months & spends the rest of the time on vacation with him, riding Harleys, lately it has been in Canada, but, they have ridden from their home in Connecticut to California, Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Daytona Bike Rally, etc.

She has trekked PERU, Nepal, Inca Trail to Machupicchu, & a couple mountains like Mt. Washington, in New Hampshire, she treks that to get in shape

You know, i think she is nuts too

LOL just like you
Nice pix by the way, ENJOY!!!

Thats awesome! i'd love to go to places like that. It's the fact that nobody has set foot in the same spot I had. I was thinking about it on the rock climbing section, I'm making my own path. I just love that aspect.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

its really great when you have been where no one else has been

its a real bummer when you go to a place, either on a mountain, in a forest, or any place where it is calming, thinking no one had ever been there in a long time If ever. Then you walk along a game path & find candy wrappers, water bottles, handi wipes, etc.

Did you know that Mt. Everest is now called the worlds highest junk yard ?
The Path Too Well-Traveled
As the highest mountain on Earth, Mt. Everest represents the ultimate challenge for mountain climbers. But a different challenge faces the Inventa Everest 2000 Environmental Expedition, a team currently on the mountain. The participants have no interest in reaching the 29,035-foot summit. Instead, these climbers aim to clean Mt. Everest.

Mt. Everest is becoming known as the world's highest junkyard. Why is this mountaineering mecca in Nepal so polluted?

Thanks in part to Mt. Everest, tourism to Nepal (located between China and India) has exploded over the past few decades. Sir Edmund Hillary and his Sherpa climbing partner, Tenzing Norgay, were the first to conquer Mt. Everest in 1953. Now as many as 400 people each spring and fall attempt to climb Mt. Everest, or Sagarmatha, as the people of Nepal call it.

Not surprisingly, the increase of adventurers has led to an increase in litter, especially along the most popular route to the summit—the Southeast Ridge. The trail consists of a base camp at 17,600 feet and four additional camps closer to the summit. Since the first successful expedition, at least 50 tons of trash have accumulated.

At least 10 tons of garbage litters the 26,300-foot South Col, also called Camp IV. Most mountaineers make their final assault on the summit from here.
Here is picture of last years trash

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1259&bih=635
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 02-22-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 AM

98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Are you kidding me? We discussed this while we were climbing, it feels too wrong to deface such a thing. I didn't see a single wrapper or bottle. it's awesome.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:29 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, that is some beautiful country up there. I'm gonna try and take a road trip to Col. this summer and go see the Rockies. Thanks for the pictures!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 SLT C.C.
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:946
Juice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to beholdJuice420 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the adventure Alex, thanks for the awesome pics!!

Justin
Black Mamba- Flowmaster 40 series, Airaid CAI, 20% tint, GTO taillight covers, ATA nerfs, AVS in-channel ventvisors, Curt hitch receiver, Extang Revolution Tonneau, EZ-down tailgate damper, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Custom painted engine cover

Black Mamba's Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:32 PM

Well I thought I had more pictures from the digital camera, but they were mostly the same. Once it got cold, it didn't want to work anymore either.