DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 09 Ram1500, 08 Ram3500, 05 BEE
Trim Level: 09 Lar,08 SLT,05 BEE
Color: Black,White,Black
Rep:10
Jake2 is on a distinguished road
Default Copying CD to Hard Drive

Got a new CD tonight and copied it to my hard drive in my rer radio and when it was finished it did not copy the title of the songs over, it just says wma...what does that mean? and is there any way to manually type in the title of the songs?
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2011, 02:04 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: brillian black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:75
PorkChop will become famous soon enough

im not sure, i have the touch screen and it does it with some cds, but others it works fine. i really want a fix for this too because i have alot of untitles ones now.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:55 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Sport
zabman is on a distinguished road

I think you go into the menu under edit and you can add text.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:46 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Using the same radio on my wife's Challenger, she noticed that it's a lot easier, and faster to rip a CD on your computer, make sure that all the song info is correct, and then transfer it to a flash/ USB thumb drive and THEN transfer it to the radio.

It's a bit of a pain, but it seems to work the best. You can also set up what ever folders/ playlists that you want while you're at it. unfortunately you tend to erase what ever folder you're replacing on your HD

good luck

Exco

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 09 Ram1500, 08 Ram3500, 05 BEE
Trim Level: 09 Lar,08 SLT,05 BEE
Color: Black,White,Black
Jake2 is on a distinguished road

I only see where you can rename the playlist, delete songs from playlist or delete playlist altogether. Maybe I am in the wrong screen.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:24 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram CC Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
rick980 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
Using the same radio on my wife's Challenger, she noticed that it's a lot easier, and faster to rip a CD on your computer, make sure that all the song info is correct, and then transfer it to a flash/ USB thumb drive and THEN transfer it to the radio.

It's a bit of a pain, but it seems to work the best. You can also set up what ever folders/ playlists that you want while you're at it. unfortunately you tend to erase what ever folder you're replacing on your HD

good luck

Exco

Exco
Now all those steps for one the cost of a thumb drive sucks, but it takes like 10 minutes to copy a cd to the hard drive. Now yes a computer can do it faster but really your extra steps and cost don't make it a good choice, I will wait the 10 minutes.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:39 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

what ever works for you Rick. We have most of our digital music already on our computer anyway, and if either of us purchases a new CD, we'll typically rip it to the computer to add it to our mp3 players, so if she wants to add it to the car, this works for us

Also being a teacher, she has several thumb drives laying around most days, so they're available.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 02-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it gets the title track info from Gracenotes which maynot have details concerning the CD you ripped. Does it work with other CD's or does anything you rip lack the track info ? I know that they periodically provide updates to gracenotes and you can get them from this site. http://mofv.com/MyGIG/