DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram CC
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
venealis is on a distinguished road
Default Help with decision on exhaust mod

To all of you whom have the DOD14M from Mufflex. My question is how bad exactly is the drone when the "ECO" kicks on. I had an '05 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport that had a Flowmaster 3" and 40 series exhaust on it after cutting off the resonators the drone at sertan RPMs and speed was deffining. I don't want to go through that again. Yet i love the sound of horse power. I know there is the option of turning off the MDS yet i don't want to trying to save some money at the pump. Espicially right now. Here in Austin TX we are at $3.20 i know that some places are worse. Either way please some video or imput would be greatly appreciated. THANKS
Old 02-26-2011, 05:33 PM
erm

I'd leave the resonators on when you do the muffler(s) and see how you like the sound. They aren't that restrictive, will attenuate the drone and you can keep your MDS.